Sydney winter clerkship (1 Viewer)

DeVenne

HSC
N/A
Do Sydney firms offer winter clerkship's in June/July? I am having trouble finding firms in Sydney that offer placements other than Summer.

I know Allen & Overy offer a winter clerkship in Hong Kong for 2009 of which I have applied.

Is anyone else aware of other firms?

Thank you

De Venne

DeVenne

HSC
N/A
Ah ok great thanks. I hadn't thought of going interstate!

Hardenne

HSC
If you do a winter clerkship interstate are you still eligible to do a summer cleckship in Sydney? Or is there that rule that you can only participate in one clerkship?

Thanks

= Jennifer =

HSC
If you do a winter clerkship interstate are you still eligible to do a summer cleckship in Sydney? Or is there that rule that you can only participate in one clerkship?

Thanks
It depends really. In Sydney they have a list of participating law schools for the Sydney program, which I assume only those law schools can participate. I am not sure whether the same applies in Melbourne.

In regards to participating in both programs you would need to check the rules governing both Sydney and Melbourne programs. I know the rules for Sydney are available via the UNSW school of law website.

Lara1986

HSC
If you're interested in 'public sector' clerkships, I think from memory the A-G's Law Access clerkship runs in winter as well as summer.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
If you're interested in 'public sector' clerkships, I think from memory the A-G's Law Access clerkship runs in winter as well as summer.
Ewwwww public sector. You'd have to go to Canberra, it's super lame down there.

Hardenne

HSC
With regards to that Winter at melb, summer at sydney thing.

I emailed the HR dept in melb and they advised that although you are allowed to do both, Melb would be unlikely to hire if you are unable to accept a grad offer there.

And nywayz what was I thinking, I need to have at least one holiday this year.

Lara1986

HSC
Ewwwww public sector. You'd have to go to Canberra, it's super lame down there.
If you are talking about the Law Access clerkship that is incorrect as far as I know - apart from the fact that it is the NSW A-G, obviously Canberra not being in NSW.

If you mean generally, again not so. It depends on what organisation/department you want to work for. Eg, Legal Aid NSW quite obviously will be based in NSW and the head office is in Sydney.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)