Syllabus dot point help (1 Viewer)

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
hey all i need help with writing notes to some of the syllabus dot points for the prelim course.

they are:
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]describe the relationship between the structure of cell organelles and their function[/FONT]
for this one i dont know wats the relationship between the structure and function of nucleus and nucleolus

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]compare the roles of respiratory, circulatory and excretory systems[/FONT]
do i just mention the roles of each system and how they are linked?

By the way this topic is Patterns in Nature.
Thanks for your help.

samthebear

HSC
I'm not sure about the nucleus and nucleolus dot point (i didnt have them filled in) but for the respiratory system just compare them. You have to talk about each system, and compare the similarities and differences. dont link them because its not what the dot point is asking for.

HSC
for a lot of the organelles its mainly the double membrane structure that relates the structure to the function...

aimhigh10

HSC
hey all i need help with writing notes to some of the syllabus dot points for the prelim course.

they are:
describe the relationship between the structure of cell organelles and their function
for this one i dont know wats the relationship between the structure and function of nucleus and nucleolus

compare the roles of respiratory, circulatory and excretory systems
do i just mention the roles of each system and how they are linked?

By the way this topic is Patterns in Nature.
Thanks for your help.

Describe the relationship between the structure of cell organelles and their function
For this one, I don't think we need to look at the nucleolus, but for the nucleus:
structure of organelle - spherical body, surrounded by double membrane that has pores to allow large molecules in and out. Contains genetic information DNA.
function - holds the genetic code which controls cell activities by coding for the production of polypeptides and proteins.

Compare the roles of the respiratory, circulatory and excretory systems

system: Respiratory
role: Gaseous exchange, to obtain oxygen and get rid of Carbon Dioxide
eg in humans: Made up of lungs, trachea and muscles that draw air into lungs

system: Circulatory
role: Transport, to distribute nutrients and other substances around the organism’s body, providing for the need of cells and removing wastes
eg in humans: Made up of heart and blood vessels that make a continuous circuit throughout the body; blood carries oxygen and nutrients as well as wastes; blood also carries hormones that regulate body processes and components to fight disease

system: Excretory
role:Waste removal, to rid the organism of unwanted substances, particularly those such as urea that become poisonous if they accumulate
eg in humans: Urinary system removes unwanted urea, salts and water (in urine); skin removes mainly salts and water (in sweat); respiratory system removes carbon dioxide and some water (exhaled in air)

hope this helps :)
and sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes

Last edited:

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Describe the relationship between the structure of cell organelles and their function
For this one, I don't think we need to look at the nucleolus, but for the nucleus:
structure of organelle - spherical body, surrounded by double membrane that has pores to allow large molecules in and out. Contains genetic information DNA.
function - holds the genetic code which controls cell activities by coding for the production of polypeptides and proteins.

Compare the roles of the respiratory, circulatory and excretory systems

system: Respiratory
role: Gaseous exchange, to obtain oxygen and get rid of Carbon Dioxide
eg in humans: Made up of lungs, trachea and muscles that draw air into lungs

system: Circulatory
role: Transport, to distribute nutrients and other substances around the organism’s body, providing for the need of cells and removing wastes
eg in humans: Made up of heart and blood vessels that make a continuous circuit throughout the body; blood carries oxygen and nutrients as well as wastes; blood also carries hormones that regulate body processes and components to fight disease

system: Excretory
role:Waste removal, to rid the organism of unwanted substances, particularly those such as urea that become poisonous if they accumulate
eg in humans: Urinary system removes unwanted urea, salts and water (in urine); skin removes mainly salts and water (in sweat); respiratory system removes carbon dioxide and some water (exhaled in air)

hope this helps :)
and sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes
thanks for that, yea i dont think we look at nucleolus besides the fact that it is the dark spot in the nucleus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)