Syllabus Dot points: do you write them up? (1 Viewer)

cccclaire

HSC
over9k said:
so this is the most effective method of studying i assume?

:):):)

you can't really say most effective because different stuff works for different people.
But pre-lims your last real chance to try out which studying methods work, because you want to have figured it out by your HSC year.

mzduxx2006

HSC
LordPc said:
this year some of my teachers have been giving the class the syllabus. for explanations sake i well talk about chemistry since it applies to myself.

my yr 11 class doesnt write up dot points unless told by the teacher. but the year 12 chem class had to write up all thier dots points last year for thier teacher (different to my teacher) as standard h/w.

now just as a comparison, the year 12 class (who did dot points) did alot better in assignments and tests compared to my class

so my questions are:
i) do you do dot points? if so does it help?
ii) if there people in your class that write up dot points and others that dont, which group of people are getting better marks?
iii) how much of the chem prelim is tested for in the HSC? just the uniform things (like bonding, things that are relavent in all parts of chem) or everything? (like questions on water and metal modules)

thx
the answer is yes for all three. and btw if you rewrite the chemistry papers they are actually quite easy-ish.

but yes learn your bonding otherwise you will be crap at your yr12 course.

Tom Riddle

HSC
i've never done a dot point in my life. It's like the saying goes you dot your I's and cross your T's you don't dot your points it's just the way you eat a cookie really, first you start with the dough and then you bake it. But not too long because it'll get burnt. You need to bake it just right and when it comes out that's true satisfaction. And then you can eat it.

Schniz

HSC
there are dot-point books you can buy for most major subjects.. i found them very helpful.. they make it much less boring than slogging through the boring old syllabus.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
cccclaire said:
you can't really say most effective because different stuff works for different people.
But pre-lims your last real chance to try out which studying methods work, because you want to have figured it out by your HSC year.
Actually, you can. Writing your notes using the syllabus is THE way to do things, ask any teacher or well-performing student. My uncle is the head of the SS department at some high school in Sydney and an HSC marker, he made it perfectly clear to me that this is the way to do things. The HSC exam cannot ask you anything that's not in the syllabus, so if you use that as a guide when making your notes then you KNOW you've covered everything you need to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)