Syllabus Notes (1 Viewer)

kbsb

HSC
As the title suggests..is it really important to make notes from the syllabus.
Up until now,I have been making notes straight out of the textbook, including anything i feel relevent. I mean..can they test you on stuff (your school) that isnt in the syllabus. This is for preliminary geography if it makes any difference
Thanks

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
me121 said:
yeh, and 65% of the time, the questions are direct quotes from syllabus dot points.
:jaw: ONLY 65% OF THE TIME!? My notes are purely based on the syllabus, do I need to go change them now?

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
for subs like physics its important to look at the "students:" colomn and learn the pracs.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
:jaw: ONLY 65% OF THE TIME!? My notes are purely based on the syllabus, do I need to go change them now?
No, it basically means that the questions are directly related to the dot-points. Other questions are indirectly related to them.

For example, there might be questions asking you to draw out the comparison between electron microscope and light microscope. (this is not exactly written in the syllabus, but the syllabus asks you to be aware of the new technology that enabled more cell structures to be seen so this is still related to the syllabus, not just directly).

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
No, it basically means that the questions are directly related to the dot-points. Other questions are indirectly related to them.

For example, there might be questions asking you to draw out the comparison between electron microscope and light microscope. (this is not exactly written in the syllabus, but the syllabus asks you to be aware of the new technology that enabled more cell structures to be seen so this is still related to the syllabus, not just directly).
Ohhh .. so you just need to think out of the square a bit right? I've heard that the Board is running out of closely syllabus based questions for the Physics external exam and will therefore go off in tangents for the exam. So study up?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
Ohhh .. so you just need to think out of the square a bit right? I've heard that the Board is running out of closely syllabus based questions for the Physics external exam and will therefore go off in tangents for the exam. So study up?
Yes, think outside the square. For one syllabus dot point, I remember writing almost a page. And some dot-points are very general, e.g. "Outline the general trends in the Periodic Table". In exam, I doubt that they will use that exact wording.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
lyounamu said:
How did you know?
Yeah, sorry I probably shouldn't have put a number on it. I actally have no clue how many, but a LOT of questions are almost exact quotes from the syllabus, but on the other hand, there are a lot that are not direct quotes (these include calculations and more likely short answer than long answer).

Doctor Jolly said:
Where did you hear that from? Teacher? Was the teacher involved in hsc marking or something?

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
me121 said:
Where did you hear that from? Teacher? Was the teacher involved in hsc marking or something?
Teacher for Economics and teacher from Physics. I'm not too sure if they're involved in HSC marking though ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)