sylvia plath (1 Viewer)

symo

HSC
has anyone got good exam notes (not summaries) and essays for plath...not many ppl do it..no standards package examples..i need some ideas of what ya supposed to write..i thought i was set with quotes, theorists... prob need more on techniques n the effect techniques do..any help greatly appreciated. send to ; adam_symonds@hotmail.com

young_gurl

yeah my teacher made us do sylvia plath cause not much people are doing it...i rather like it actually esp the poems about her hatrid toward males and her suicide.clearly she is a disturbed poet

symo

HSC
Originally posted by young_gurl
do yuo reckon you can send me your notes that you have.. i can send you mine if you want.. i think there pretty good... i just cant write it out in the way the markers like.

symo

HSC
Originally posted by Tegan_K
yeah symmo i know exactly how you feel....
so u doin plath? can u please sendf me your notes... i can send you my stuff on other subjects.. english i do bad but i kill everything else.. business (came 3rd) economics (came 2nd) geog top 10...please!!!! i need some help with plath
Adam

Tegan_K

Yeah our teacher made us do it - quite depressing really....
I dont have many notes on her, and no way of sending them anyway... but if you have any questions i'd be happy to help : ) Ummm did you like the poem "The Applicant"??? Did you understand it? Yeeah i came 3rd in business too, but i dont do economics or geo....sorry hope i can be of some help...

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
The Applicant is just an extremely bizzare poem...

symo

HSC
bump; anyone got any notes or essays..i can send u what i have (there good notes..i just cant answer the questions)

young_gurl

ummm i dont have any notes cause i havent started doing them...im doing the general most popular poems Daddy and Lady LAzarus and maybe another poem ...i got the excel book for $10 and thats got good summaries!
for the trials we had to write a feature article on plath and how her poem has a distinct voice i didnt do so good in that got 16/20 didnt incorporate much quotes!
which poems are you doing!

LUVELS

We were told to get that book. it really does help so you should read it. if you want an essay on plath you should go thru the BOS website they have a few really goood ones to read especially the exemplar ones
good luck guys!!

symo

HSC
Originally posted by LUVELS
if you want an essay on plath you should go thru the BOS website they have a few really goood ones to read especially the exemplar ones
er???? ive looked at all the standards package essays for 2001 and 2002 n i couldnt find any on plath!!! can u please direct me to where they are..i need to read some plath essays..ive looked at caesar + bnw/br ones which were good... please anyone.. lend me (actually give me) your plath essays!! u'll still beat me... i need to get my 12/20 essays (barker college: got 12 for all paper 2 essays) to bout 14-15...
oh by the way i have the excel book..its alright..alreadfy got summeries + a few good points of class notes...i just need to see what u write in essays..
cheers

young_gurl

hey have u got stuff on blade runner and caesar?...can u send them to me...
ummm i dont have any essays on sylvia plath only my exam ones and ild have to type it up and i have a pretty busy schedual!...but if i do ill be sure to send u em!

symo

HSC
hey have u got stuff on blade runner and caesar?...can u send them to me...
ummm i dont have any essays on sylvia plath only my exam ones and ild have to type it up and i have a pretty busy schedual!...but if i do ill be sure to send u em!
ive only got my 1st draft for bnw/br + powerplay..ill be fixing them up soon with extra stuff ive picked up..ill send u a copy when im done if ya send me your notes on plath..l cant find anything extra on plath like power + br/bnw..
anyone else got notes/essays or ideas for plath???
cheers

Tegan_K

what did you think about the applicant?
And how did you see Lady Lazarus? it reminded be of a theatre production, a theatrical show, her body put on display for everyone to see, as she thinks she's a miracle. Because shes died but come back - and the comparison to the jews (her) and the naxis (her 'daddy') was pathetic how could someone get to the point where they can compare their own suffering to the suffering and deaths of millions of people?

young_gurl

hehhe the applicant was alrite similar to her other poems dealing with male superiority i guess....Daddy was probably the most easiest poem for me to deconstruct it was pretty good too! I read a little bit on her autobiography and did u know that line 'Big grey toe' in her poem 'daddy' she was actually refering to how her father died... apparently he had sum sort of cancer which started on his toe! Pretty interesting aye i guess thats why you can call her work autobigraphical......
Lady Lazarus is another one which i like!...I read up a lot on Lazarus jesus's friend heheh and yeah that was interesting too how he was brought back to life! Its suppose to be ironic cause she brings her self back to life without the help of jesus!
...hmmm i think She probably onli used the holocaust as a comparrison to her own opression to make the readers empathise with her..even though many critics reckon its wrong ..poetry tends to be intense when someone has serious problems!

symo

HSC
anyone got any essays or study notes.. ive got my notes to swap..there detailed..i just need help working out wot to write.
cheers

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
did u know that line 'Big grey toe' in her poem 'daddy' she was actually refering to how her father died... apparently he had sum sort of cancer which started on his toe!
yes i did. he actually developed a gangrenous foot- which was l8er amputated b4 he died

young_gurl

hehehhe wow so many people already knew this! lols ive been getting msgs about the toe thing from ppls!

LUVELS

Syme i have sent you your beloved essays, hopefully they give you an understanding into what you want. If neone has ANYTHING ON PLATH i am in the same predicament as this guy, i need to understand what we are supposed to be writing. IF neone has notes can they send it to a very desperate me!! you will be loved forever!! ta

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)