Taiwanese president shot (1 Viewer)

Iunny

I don't think China would've done it

I'm sure they would hire pros to do the job.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
are you a hardcore kmt member toodulu?
no cos i'm not familiar with all the policies.. but i support independence and democracy :rolleyes:
Originally posted by ...
China isn't saying anything public..but somehow i've got this feeling they had influenced the taiwanese tradesmen in china.
ahah err no shit.. the opposition has an office near some thing in china.. plus they actively called out for them to go back to tw and vote
Originally posted by Iunny
I don't think China would've done it

I'm sure they would hire pros to do the job.
ahahahahhaahahhahahahaah thanks for that insight.. of course someone hired a gunman, how does an inanimate thing like a country shoot someone.

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by Toodulu
no cos i'm not familiar with all the policies.. but i support independence and democracy :rolleyes:
lies and propaganda you agent of evil

hatty

Banned
why cant china just fuck off?
clearly the people of Taiwan dont want to combine with china...
its like Tibet happening all over again.

only alot more people are gonna die with the chinese conquest of Taiwan (with the 400 missiles and all) , but i guess that doesn't really matter 2 the chinese government, only getting their little land back.

Alexander

Gold Member
Did anyone see the news? He didn't notice he'd been shot and there was blood gushing out and he was waving and smiling...

I don't like Taiwan. They're a fascist dictatorship, all the schools are associated with the military and named after US presidents and they're TOTALLY desporate for the world to know that they exist.
I wouldn't be suprised at all if this was some sort of ploy for re-election and world attention.
I wish China would economically hurry up and offer a serious alternative to the US; im getting sick of this power vacuum.

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by hatty
why cant china just fuck off?
clearly the people of Taiwan dont want to combine with china...
its like Tibet happening all over again.

only alot more people are gonna die with the chinese conquest of Taiwan (with the 400 missiles and all) , but i guess that doesn't really matter 2 the chinese government, only getting their little land back.

if life was this simple..wouldn't this world be a better place?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by Alexander
Did anyone see the news? He didn't notice he'd been shot and there was blood gushing out and he was waving and smiling...
yeh.
sorry, i missed your point?

I don't like Taiwan. They're a fascist dictatorship, all the schools are associated with the military and named after US presidents and they're TOTALLY desporate for the world to know that they exist.
I wouldn't be suprised at all if this was some sort of ploy for re-election and world attention.
I wish China would economically hurry up and offer a serious alternative to the US; im getting sick of this power vacuum.
do you even know what the FUCK you're talking about?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
btw, chen has won a 2nd term and the opposition wants a recount. anyway, we're a bit worried about the whole not accepting the result thing cos this could turn into some major crisis... also, the attempted assassination is a bit sus and it was narrow win and all that yeh. heaps worried around here. :(

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
publicity stunt.

edit: and sif china would send some1 to assassinate him. a) he has no power, or atleast not enough power to challenge china b) to assassinate him would be to admit that Taiwan is not a part of China, hence contradicting state policy.... afterall he is 'governing' for china :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
.. that made like, no sense
china doesn't want taiwan to move towards independence, which is what chen shui bian supports. and he's like, the president and stuff. so i don't get point A. and point B, okay let me reiterate, chen supports independence, yo.

also, no one really knows who was behind this attempted "assassination" and i'm not ruling out the possibility of it being a stunt.

Last edited:

abdooooo!!!

Banned
.. that made like, no sense
china doesn't want taiwan to move towards independence, which is what chen shui bian supports. and he's like, the president and stuff. so i don't get point A. and point B, okay let me reiterate, chen supports independence, yo.
what? who is this people... cho fuk dic, do le lo mo. LOL

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by Tenille
so the dude who got shot won? is that good or bad?
ahah it's not as simple as that
you could be progressive and move towards independence at the expense of very possible military conflict or have "closer ties" to china, whose citizens didn't even know about the attempted assassination cos the chinese media wasn't allowed to report it.

ahah okay i'm heaps biased it's not really like that, neither of those choices would be preferable. but yeh
btw china is mean and in the 96 election they freaking fired some missiles close to taiwan to threaten them and the US had to deploy some aircraft carriers cos we're allies. so yeh, the US doesn't really want anything to happen cos conflict with china isn't really on the top of their agenda at the mo
taiwan isn't recognised as a country, but it works and is dealt with like one. can you imagine a country that has ran its own affairs for this many years to be under the freaking rule of china? for fucks sake.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
ahah yeh, it looks like costello will never get his turn
and anyway, even if john howard got shot... just bring another boat load of people over, that should resurrect him (again)

abdooooo!!!

Banned
ahah yeh, it looks like costello will never get his turn
and anyway, even if john howard got shot... just bring another boat load of people over, that should resurrect him (again)
you gotta love those boat people... howard prolly funds them illegal immigration traffic people.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
yeah what i meant was if china were to shoot him, they would be openly acknowledging that taiwan is a separate entity to china, something that china doesnt want to do.

chen may support independance but who will listen to him... US certainly wont right now cuz they care more about the trade deal with china. without support(apart from those in taiwan) he is without power. All china have to do is say that Taiwan is a part of china, and the international community listens.

edit: and yeah if things really does get heated, more missiles will land in the strait... just to 'test' milatary manouvres and equipment... and of course will the world care?

edit2: and if china really wants him dead, the assassination attempt wouldnt have been carried out so crudely (it was even close to being a fatal wound) and publicly - in the middle of a campaign tour(surely the averse effect of assassinating a 'head of state' for china on teh international stage outweighs any morale effect on local taiwan citizens)

Last edited:

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i still don't get why shooting him would be acknowledging that but yeh ok
yeh, the referendum didn't go through legally but it was a "practise run" for the next one.. and also there's going to be some constitutional change in 2006. china has already been saying that taiwan is a part of china everywhere and he's gotten a few leaders to announce that they don't believe taiwan is a separate entity rah rah rah. but unless it's confirmed in the laws and stuff, like who cares what anyone is saying? the fact is, right now there is an ambiguous status-quo and anyone stating taiwan is a part of china, or that it is independent is just stating their own opinion. all they can do is exert pressure for either of those outcomes.

i think the world will care about conflict in east asia..!
and also, the US is an ally of taiwan, so if anything happens they will be forced to deploy troops. even if they really preferred if they didn't have to. and you know if the US wants to go to war, our very own johnny howard would be right there going "can i come! can i come!"

i agree with your last point.. it was very convenient timing. but yeh, we really don't know enough about it to make any more than speculations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)