Taj al-Din al-Hilali tells "Christian women to wear veils" (1 Viewer)

Gay Captain

HSC
theshortykatt said:
everyone that was a believer back then was a Jew.

all i know is that the answer is no.
i can find out the reasons it if you really want to know.
So get to the damn point and tell us why xtians don't have to obey the Jewish laws except the ones that suit them

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
theshortykatt said:
=] i take Christianity seriously..
i wasn't making fun of Christians I was trying to show that just because people from the bible wore veils doesn't mean Christian women should have to.

Gay Captain

HSC
well most christians would agree with the "thou shalt not murder" but not so much with the "no eating seafood" thing

X

xeuyrawp

Aryanbeauty said:
I'm yet to find a jewish religious leader telling non jews to follow jeiwsh religious dress code :lol:
That's because Judaism is an introspective religion; Jews only care about themselves, because they see everybody else as non-Jews. Judaism is for Israelis and their children. Hence the lack of missionaries and conversions. Jewish land is x big, and shouldn't grow. Exactly the same as the ancient Egyptians.

Islam is an outward religion which has at its very concern other people. Muslims believe that it is your duty to do something if you see it as incorrect. Hence the huge emphasis on conquest and conversions.

I find it quite interesting that these two impossible religions are next-door to each other like Homer and Flanders.

X

xeuyrawp

Born2baplacebo said:
Please do tell me that you don't know the ten commandments off by heart.
... Pretty much anybody who went to a religious school could outline most of the Commandments, hunny.

Gay Captain

HSC
theshortykatt said:
well non christians would agree with the "thou shalt not murder"
yeah but i'm interested in why Jesus was Jewish and all his original followers were Jewish, and all the first Christians were Jewish, but today Christians don't follow Jewish laws and traditions :D

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
theshortykatt said:
i wont be able to say completely why this is, so I'm not going to start. Go into a church and ask.

I'm young and have little knowledge of the bible =[
i thought you took Christianity seriously :/

Gay Captain

HSC
Back on topic, our good Sheikh was obviously referring to stuff like this:

Ephesians 5:22-23
"Wives, be subject to your husbands as you are to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife just as Christ is the head of the church."

1 Corinthians 14:34-35
"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak... And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home."

1 Timothy 2:13-15
"For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing, provided [she] continue in faith and love and holiness, with modesty."

Titus 2:3-5
"Likewise, tell the older women to be reverent in behavior, not to be slanderers or slaves to drink; they are to teach what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be self-controlled, chaste, good managers of the household, kind, being submissive to their husbands, so that the word of God may not be discredited."

1 Peter 3:1-7
"Wives...do not adorn yourselves outwardly by braiding your hair, and by wearing gold ornaments or fine clothing; rather, let your adornment be the inner self with the lasting beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit... It was in this way long ago that the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves by accepting the authority of their husbands. Thus Sarah obeyed Abraham and called him lord."

This is what Christians are supposed to do if they believe the Bible.

X

xeuyrawp

Gay Captain said:
yeah but i'm interested in why Jesus was Jewish and all his original followers were Jewish, and all the first Christians were Jewish, but today Christians don't follow Jewish laws and traditions :D
Rofl are you serious? That's like what kids in junior school say to be wiseasses.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
theshortykatt said:
i do, but i never said i was wise
knowing about the Christian faith has got little to do with being wise, if you were really serious.

Gay Captain

HSC
sorry I didn't post it in greek for you lol

OUTSPOKEN Muslim cleric Taj al-Din al-Hilali says the Bible "mandates" the wearing of the veil by Christian women.
That's clearly what he would have been referring to no?

X

xeuyrawp

I can't read Biblical Greek yet. :(

But just to clarify: The whole point of Christ's coming was indeed to change the religion of the time. Christians are supposed to view Christ's teachings as the religion, not the teachings of his ancestors. Christians would ask why Christ would have come if he just wanted people to be Jews.

With regards to your point about 'this is what you should do if you're Christian', look up legal/normative formalism. The bottom line is that, as Jesus said to the Rabbis, all rules should be interpreted and studied (perhaps changed?), not just blindly applied.

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
Gay Captain said:
Back on topic, our good Sheikh was obviously referring to stuff like this:

Ephesians 5:22-23
"Wives, be subject to your husbands as you are to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife just as Christ is the head of the church."

1 Corinthians 14:34-35
"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak... And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home."

1 Timothy 2:13-15
"For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing, provided [she] continue in faith and love and holiness, with modesty."

Titus 2:3-5
"Likewise, tell the older women to be reverent in behavior, not to be slanderers or slaves to drink; they are to teach what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be self-controlled, chaste, good managers of the household, kind, being submissive to their husbands, so that the word of God may not be discredited."

1 Peter 3:1-7
"Wives...do not adorn yourselves outwardly by braiding your hair, and by wearing gold ornaments or fine clothing; rather, let your adornment be the inner self with the lasting beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit... It was in this way long ago that the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves by accepting the authority of their husbands. Thus Sarah obeyed Abraham and called him lord."

This is what Christians are supposed to do if they believe the Bible.

What a dictatorship we live in.

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
Gay Captain said:
well most christians would agree with the "thou shalt not murder" but not so much with the "no eating seafood" thing
According to Judaism (and most Jews), non Jews only need to follow the seven Nohanic commandments. I.e. to establish courts of justice; not to commit blasphemy; not to commit idolatry; not to commit incest and adultery; not to commit bloodshed; not to commit robbery; and not to eat flesh cut from a living animal.

They are not obligated to follow the Kosher laws. But please note, Kosher laws do not restrict the consumption of fish etc but seafood such as shellfish.

Why do Christians follow the commandment 'thou shalt not murder'?
Jesus specifically said to obey that commandment and summarised it as 'love your neighbour as yourself' on the basis that 'love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God’s law'.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Jews actually believe that for a Non-Jew to enter heaven he or she simply follow the 7 Noachide laws. Alternately, as G-d gave the Torah to the Nation of Israel and entrusted them as his Chosen, they have a duty to follow the 613 mitzvot.

Jews do not do missionary work because those that come to Judaism come on their own accord. Jews openly recognise and embrace converts - Jews by Choice.

HSC
Born2baplacebo said:
Please do tell me that you don't know the ten commandments off by heart.
Yeah, because you need to know the ten commandments off by heart to know that most Christians and/or non-Christians believe that murder is bad.

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
Ms. BRIGHTSIDE said:
Yeah, because you need to know the ten commandments off by heart to know that most Christians and/or non-Christians believe that murder is bad.

whoop de fucking doo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)