Taking efficient notes in lectures/study notes (1 Viewer)

ADrew

HSC
Uni Grad
Rote learning worked for me in the HSC but I now realise that it isnt going to cut it in uni, unless I want to just pass. Anyone give me any ideas or tips? A simple google search reveals answers, but I am simply wondering what the general consensus on what works is.

Lieutenant_21

HSC
Rote learning worked for me in the HSC but I now realise that it isnt going to cut it in uni, unless I want to just pass. Anyone give me any ideas or tips? A simple google search reveals answers, but I am simply wondering what the general consensus on what works is.
Try to develop your critical thinking skills. It is very essential, especially for BSc.
Critical thinking is understanding what is going on and always looking for reasoning for why things happen, why is this answer correct and the other answer is not etc... It is the opposite of rote-learning.

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Try to identify the 'main points' which you CAN rote and then actually learn why it is what it is.

From that, develop a way you can use what you've learned to apply it to different situations (usually the tutes/workshops/labs will go through one or two examples).

Oswin

HSC
N/A
Study with good material and point wise revision is very important. Complete the syllabus one by one, I am sure it will be easy for u.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)