taking grog on the plane (1 Viewer)

jen23

im going to surfers, but am going to be 17 at schoolies. half my roomies are 18, so thats cool cause we can still get drinks, but i wanted to know if i could take vodka etc up with me to save money when i get there? i dont wanna drink on the plane.. just wrap it up and put it in my suitcase for later. are we allowed to take grog in our suitcases? do they check suitcases for grog? and if im 17 can i still carry grog if they dont see me drink it, or can i not even have it in my possession? if 17 year ols cant carry grog my 18yr old friends were gonna take our grog and we were gonna take their clothes.. a bit of a swap.. haha

Kate_J

I'd say you can take it. It would be on an international flight you would have to worry because that's where you have to declare it over a certain amount. If you worried just get your friend to pack it in their bags, or pack it in yours and if you get questioned say your carrying it for a friend.

dave_119

Banned
HSC
my old mans a pilot.. if ur underage and get caught with alcohol, u will be chraged, they will screen ur bags, and if they find a bottle, they will open ur bag... if ur mates r 18 it shldn't be a problem, however if they think its sus they could refuse u entry to the plane...

im not quite sure, they actually may not allow carry of alcohol at all, because of the alcohol and the air pressure in the cargo hold.. there has been incidents...

p.s. if ur flying 2 coolongatta, im not sure if there is a duty free store or not, u can pick up tax free grog from there.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
read the fine print of the flight tickets.
we went with virgin last yr and were allowed 5L of alcholic beverages per person in our luggage.

dont think you can pick up tax free alchohol since you arent going overseas...

dave_119

Banned
HSC
redruM said:
read the fine print of the flight tickets.
we went with virgin last yr and were allowed 5L of alcholic beverages per person in our luggage.

dont think you can pick up tax free alchohol since you arent going overseas...
im not sure if its a international airport.. if it is, there wld be!! if its domestic, just carry up... im sure qantas allows 5L of alcohol

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
u cant get duty free on a national flight..only international, u have to hav an international ticket anyway to purchase duty free...so even if the airport is international (which coolangatta is not) u still cant get it

yes u can take it on the plane....

just give it 2 ur 18yr old friends, and u put their clothes in ur bag....i doubt u would get caught with it even if u took it, but best to be safe

nik_noodle

HSC
just buy it up there...they sell to anyone in schoolies week... my mates went up at 15 and were supplied no trouble!
besides, its bout the same price anyway....why risk getting busted?

Serg01

but would you risk the 'substance' being laced with shit? or shit like that? It doesnt matter other friends are going up by car and so I will give it to them and they will give it to me when they arrive. :pP

dave_119

Banned
HSC
sped_kid01 said:
u cant get duty free on a national flight..only international, u have to hav an international ticket anyway to purchase duty free...so even if the airport is international (which coolangatta is not) u still cant get it

yes u can take it on the plane....

just give it 2 ur 18yr old friends, and u put their clothes in ur bag....i doubt u would get caught with it even if u took it, but best to be safe
coolongatta is an international airport!! however u can only get duty free if ur arriving into the country.. qantas allows 1L of alcohol to be carried, but not sure about minors carrying alcohol... it will depend on the security at the airport

HSC
my flight with virgin says i can take up to 5 litres in commercial packagin or something like that.
so i guess theres no problems with it :D

at_the_drive_in

YOU'LL BE FINE

airlines are bullshit, i flew back from france last year (17) with 5Ls of alcohol limit is like 3, a carton of cigarettes, a bong i'd bought in paris (unused) and some other paraphenalia, papers etc,oh and some fireworks... and i got through fine. they cant screen all ur shit and if they do they dont have a big 18/17/16yo tag on ur bag if they see a bottle.

the security is pissweak international think what it is domestic.

you b cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)