Taking notes into exams (1 Viewer)

sexii_Can_I

In your shoe closet, contemplating life =)
HSC
I'm doing my mid-HSC exams at the moment, and for the Advanced English test we were allowed to take 6 pages, front and back, of notes into our exams with us. For English Extension we're allowed to take 3 pages front and back. If typed, minimum font is 12.

Has this always been the case for exams in Year 12 English? Because to me it slightly undermines the necessity to study diligently for the exam. I mean, we're practically allowed a cheat sheet....

And if this is something new, who else has taken notes into their English exams this year?

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
I've never heard of such a thing in y11/12 although I would assume the pass mark would be significantly higher and that they would be marking you a lot harder.
Unless it's a test to give you the impression you don't have to study *shrugs*

benchwarmer17

HSC
wow, we are NEVER under any circumstances allowed to have notes in the exam room.. you are so lucky in a way, but i guess they would have to mark you alot harder as well..

nossy7becks

HSC
my school made us sit all our exams in 'proper' BOS conditions (no notes etc.), so i dunno whats up with that.
They must be marking you harder

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing my mid-HSC exams at the moment, and for the Advanced English test we were allowed to take 6 pages, front and back, of notes into our exams with us. For English Extension we're allowed to take 3 pages front and back. If typed, minimum font is 12.

Has this always been the case for exams in Year 12 English? Because to me it slightly undermines the necessity to study diligently for the exam. I mean, we're practically allowed a cheat sheet....

And if this is something new, who else has taken notes into their English exams this year?
you can type ur whole essay 3x over or w/e what a waste of exams

jessxxr

HSC

i've never had that for english but for my next society and culture assessment it's an in class essay and we are allowed 2 whole sheets (front and back) of notes, so yeahh, obviously a very easy breezy approach for that one

HSC
Uni Grad
I had an open-book assessment for Physics in Year 11, we were allowed 3 hand-written pages but somehow people still managed to fail.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I only had that once with a speeches assessment - because the speeches were very new to us and we had to do the assessment task. So he (my English teacher) told us we could bring notes like a day before I think, so we just spent that night analysing the speeches ourselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)