Taking the bus to UNSW (1 Viewer)

ag6858

HSC
Uni Grad
Is it true that to catch the bus to the Uni, you usually need to wait in line for 30-40 minutes at Central. Also, how long would it take to get there from Burwood area by public transport?

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
UNSW is trying to fix their buses but in general I wait in line for about 10 minutes. This is in the morning around 8am and leave around 4-6pm

google maps the 2nd question

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I usually only wait 5 or 10 minutes for a bus. During peak hours semester 2 you will wait a maximum of 10 minutes lol.

Bus ride is about 15 to 20 minutes during peak hours.

Semester 1 though is a while....

First 3 or 4 weeks of semester one and you could find yourself waiting about 40 minutes waiting for a bus at central.

This is when you have a backup plan like going to another train station (as I did a lot in semester one).

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
is there a reason for this?

yeah I used to get of at town hall and then take the M10/50 but some days would have been quicker to wait at central
Its a combination of everyone being enthusiastic to start uni again then they all get lazy and stop going lol and also due to the fact that more buses come around nowadays imo. Semester one this year it was really horrible with one bus coming every 5 minutes, rather than nowadays where there is a bus coming every minute. Hopefully that never happens again lol.

Yeah methods like that sometimes work out better. Definitely worked out better for me in semester one :)

D94

HSC
N/A
Is it true that to catch the bus to the Uni, you usually need to wait in line for 30-40 minutes at Central.
No.

Apart from the first few weeks, you could literally get off at Central station then walk straight onto the bus without waiting. I have not had to wait more than 5 minutes per day over the past month. I have 9am starts as well, so that is typically when the lines are the longest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)