Tampons (1 Viewer)

HSC
.:AmBeR.SmItH:. said:
have u gone horse riding?.... if u answered yes to any of these then yer ur hymen has most highly definaltey been ripped even if is just slightly
Not necessarily.
Just because you have been horse riding before does not mean your hymen has been 'ripped'.
The theory is that the hymen may be torn during 'normal activities' i.e sport etc, but isn't always.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
The thing is, I don't believe you. Why? Because this is the sort of comment a guy that has very little to no decent contact with girls would make.
hahahaahahahah

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
a finger will break ur hymen u retard anything that goes in there if u have a hymen will be ripped once u insert it gees just get ova it ur a virgin till u have had sex now get ova it
Not necessarily, the hymen isn't like over the entrance, it's back a bit...

flamelily23

HSC
Ms. BRIGHTSIDE said:
Not necessarily.
Just because you have been horse riding before does not mean your hymen has been 'ripped'.
The theory is that the hymen may be torn during 'normal activities' i.e sport etc, but isn't always.
omg

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
spose the only real way to know is... do u use tampons?.... have u had sex?..... have u been fingered?..... have u had anything inserted down there like a dildo or vibrator?.... have u gone horse riding?.... if u answered yes to any of these then yer ur hymen has most highly definaltey been ripped even if is just slightly
Um.

By the time a girl gets her period, there is a hole in it already.
Source

The hymen is usually very elastic and tampons can be inserted without tearing the hymen. However, even if using a tampon tears the hymen, this does not count as a loss of virginity as no sex is involved.

Rarely, the hymen can tear when bicycle riding, horse riding or climbing fences.
Source

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
michael1990 said:
Thank god, its not just me.

So can you describe the smell?
Because i cannot.
Its very hard to describe because you usually only get the slighest whiff of it every once in a while. Kind of a tangy wierd scent like a mix between a toilet and a steak that has been in the sun for too long.

If you go to any unisex toilet [theres one at uni i use pretty often] thats what it smells like, but no where near as strong.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Okay...for people talking about smell: You must be smelling some very unhygienic girls, or something? The only person who should be able to detect it is the girl herself, and then only if she goes and sticks her head between her legs and sniffs. At least, that would be my understanding of it. I've certainly never smelt any other girls' menstruation.

Gay Captain

HSC
So what happens if you're an extremely physically inactive girl

and you have one of those hymens that doesn't have an opening (go back a couple of pages and look at the pic of all the different kinds, or http://www.mhhe.com/socscience/sex/common/ibank/ibank/0010.jpg)

and you get to about 12 or whatever age, and you haven't played any sports or danced or even run around much, right, maybe like if you're an amputee, but not due to an explosion because that could break the hymen, like due to gangrene or something, so you're in a wheelchair and you can't run around

and you get your period

but your hymen is like an air-tight seal

does the menstrual fluid just sort of build up? what happens when u get full, like after a few years, do you start expanding due to pressure like if you were pregnant?

could you potentially explode?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Gay Captain said:
So what happens if you're an extremely physically inactive girl

and you have one of those hymens that doesn't have an opening (go back a couple of pages and look at the pic of all the different kinds, or http://www.mhhe.com/socscience/sex/common/ibank/ibank/0010.jpg)

and you get to about 12 or whatever age, and you haven't played any sports or danced or even run around much, right, maybe like if you're an amputee, but not due to an explosion because that could break the hymen, like due to gangrene or something, so you're in a wheelchair and you can't run around

and you get your period

but your hymen is like an air-tight seal

does the menstrual fluid just sort of build up? what happens when u get full, like after a few years, do you start expanding due to pressure like if you were pregnant?

could you potentially explode?
LOL

I read that this happened to someone...except it was worse for her because she didn't actually have a vagina. Like, she had the outer part, and a uterus and functioning fallopian tubes etc etc but the inner part of her vag just wasn't there. And she got her rags but didn't know until her uterus filled up so much that she had pains and went to the doc and got told "haha you have no vagina" and had to get one constructed and everything. It was pretty funny.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
The smell you guys are refering to is when the menstural blood comming into contact with the air. Each time a girl goes to the toilet the pad comes into contact with the air, most girls wont change pads everytime the go to the toilet unless they need to. So yes, sometimes there is a slight smell but I always thought you needed to be really close to smell it. Its nothing to do with being unclean etc...

http://www.onewoman.com/redspot/fast.html

Russdog

russell
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
LOL

I read that this happened to someone...except it was worse for her because she didn't actually have a vagina. Like, she had the outer part, and a uterus and functioning fallopian tubes etc etc but the inner part of her vag just wasn't there. And she got her rags but didn't know until her uterus filled up so much that she had pains and went to the doc and got told "haha you have no vagina" and had to get one constructed and everything. It was pretty funny.
reading that gave me the biggest pain in my vagina.

Foxodi

HSC
I'm amazed at how serious this thread is being treated :O

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
I'm amazed it's still alive and kicking. At first I just though the OP was an ignorant fuck, but after a few pages the topic has become rather serious. Furthermore, it's become less about actual tampons and drifted towards hymens and menstrual smells. What will be next?

rozymisty

HSC
Most hymens get broken the first time a girl has a period.
As for the smell, it could be dependent on your hygeine but most girls when they get their periods are more attentive to hygiene. For me I have the pad there for protection...dont really let the tampon get ful to teh stage of needing to change both, but once i had to change BOTH every 1hr for a few hours, wasnt good..and couldnt really tell the boss why lol.

How old were you when you got your period? I thought one day i had it when i was 12 but that was a falsie, and got mine just 1month short of my 16th....remember getting very worried and stuff and then read about a 21yr old not having one and now im like why do we have to have them!

michael1990

HSC
melsc said:
The smell you guys are refering to is when the menstural blood comming into contact with the air. Each time a girl goes to the toilet the pad comes into contact with the air, most girls wont change pads everytime the go to the toilet unless they need to. So yes, sometimes there is a slight smell but I always thought you needed to be really close to smell it. Its nothing to do with being unclean etc...

http://www.onewoman.com/redspot/fast.html
LOL

eww...

But i suppose its natural.

Do do all girls have that smell, some just stronger than others?

trax2

HSC
they say a girl can smell herself two hours
before anyone else can

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Re: smell.

There's been some studies done on the fact that men in particular can "smell" genetic compatability in potential mates - i.e. detect the pheromones that 'advertise' the state and type of one's immune system. If a potential mate has an immune system too similar to yours, they appear to smell badly. One can assume this affect would be heightened during menstruation.

Idk, a theory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)