• This poll will close: .

stazi

Nightman
HSC
not sure, was told this by a few people working in tax

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
i would like to know this. but i'll probably do it online because all the fucking questions they ask, the answer is 'no' 'no' 'no'.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i do it online.

pretty fun. lol; i'd rather do it myself thanpay $70 to someone to do it for me.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
You can cheat on your tax cant ya, like adding a few deductions for things you dont have??? They cant find out!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
milocole said:
You can cheat on your tax cant ya, like adding a few deductions for things you dont have??? They cant find out!
yes, they can find out, however, the chances of them finding out are low. It also helps if you work in a field such as marketing: almost everything can be written off.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Ill claim things like my work shoes(a few pairs), work pants bought, work clothing (coles etc.), and an extra bit for myself!

I love tax time. I should be getting around $1000 as I havn't lodged mine from last year

stazi

Nightman
HSC
milocole said:
Ill claim things like my work shoes(a few pairs), work pants bought, work clothing (coles etc.), and an extra bit for myself!

I love tax time. I should be getting around $1000 as I havn't lodged mine from last year
pretty sure you can't claim things like work shoes or work pants. you can only claim branded work clothing.

for example, if i wear a suit and tie, I can't claim that, but if I have to pay for my own Video Ezy-branded shirt, then I can claim that.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
I'm pretty sure its the actual tax website where you can see exactly how much you'll get back. I've had $1500 YTD and will get around $300 back. I'm forver saving money so I'll probably just waste this lot ha.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
stazi said:
pretty sure you can't claim things like work shoes or work pants. you can only claim branded work clothing.

for example, if i wear a suit and tie, I can't claim that, but if I have to pay for my own Video Ezy-branded shirt, then I can claim that.
There is a way to get around that suit issue. The suit can be claimed if there is a company logo embroided on it.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
milocole said:
You may be surprised by which 'group' of taxpayers they decide to audit.

When that happens, and they sting you, you can say hello to yearly audits for the next 20 years. :)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
just read an out of date payslip by 2 weeks.

i've earned $12,239 YTD ... and paid $1,157.

hopefully getting some of that back .lol

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
stazi said:
7% interest on commbank netbank saver n00b.

Hope to get a grand or so back - will prob just put it into the stock market, or do the 7% interest thing.
yes.
7%. thank you for the correction stazi.

but i've just realised, that the money i get back from my tax could go towards my bogu for kendo =D
http://onlinekendo.com/bogu.php?kenid=21

something like that. woo

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Mine can stay in the bank and go towards my Switzerland fund. Only a year and a half till I move!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)