Teacher crushes... (1 Viewer)

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
The thought of finding any of the teachers at my school even remotely attractive is quite horrifying
Same at my school they're all either old or grossly overweight, or just perverts... ick

olay

HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
a right to do whatever they want to do? im not saying you should run up and scream out that you saw them making out but there is a rule or law somewhere that forbids student teacher relationships while both are still at school (as teacher or student)...now where are the law and legal eagles to elaborate on this ? :p
yeah i know that its a law, but what i'm saying is i don't think that it should exist. assault or harrassment - yes. but if it is the student's and teacher's choice to develop a relationship - thats their own business. apart from the age gap, i don't see it much different from say an employee and a boss developing a relationship. who has the right to deny someone from acting upon their emotions if its not going to harm anyone?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by olay
yeah i know that its a law, but what i'm saying is i don't think that it should exist. assault or harrassment - yes. but if it is the student's and teacher's choice to develop a relationship - thats their own business. apart from the age gap, i don't see it much different from say an employee and a boss developing a relationship. who has the right to deny someone from acting upon their emotions if its not going to harm anyone?
the law does not always take into account human emotions...

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
i nearly lost my heart to the student teacher from last year, mr. wood.......yummm...pe and everything! i loved free periods last year!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
haha when i was in yr 6 there was this teacher at my mother's school, 2 or 3 years in and i swear to christ i would never be able to be taught by him, too distacting :p

olay

HSC
Originally posted by *girl04*
a couple of years age gap is one thing but 15 and 55? like hello
i was actually talking about the shift in ages we're looking at. though yeah eww 15/18 n 55. but still, its their bloody choice. laws shouldn't be able to stipulate who can have relationships with whom, if both are willing to develop sthg.

the law does not always take into account human emotions...
yeah, i know... but whats wrong with what they have, considering they're both willing, and it doesn't put anyone in danger???

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by meggy_moo
i nearly lost my heart to the student teacher from last year, mr. wood.......yummm...pe and everything! i loved free periods last year!
lemme gues whatcha did in those free periods ... not study your subjects studied something else ...

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
... but there is a rule or law somewhere that forbids student teacher relationships while both are still at school (as teacher or student)...now where are the law and legal eagles to elaborate on this ? :p
Yeah there is. Its tied in with the duty of care laws along with the stat rape rules (actually stat rape laws are different for teachers as the age is increased from the legal age for sex from 16 to 18 and there some other laws as well eg "in loco parentis" or in the role of the parent).
Basically, the law states that it is NOT OK for a teacher to initaiate or pursue a relationship with a student whilst still in school or to initiate or pursue a relationship with a person under 18 (which essentially means no 18 and unders at all).
Personally, I think its disgusting that it even occurs and Im more than aware of the rules cause I work in an all girls school...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Personally, I tried to stay away from imagining teachers in that sort of light.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by snapperhead
of course.....
though your post implies you failed!!!
LOL
I failed? I mean, I hope you don't have crushes on students.

This is actually confusing.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Loz#1
Personally, I tried to stay away from imagining teachers in that sort of light.
This quote....
yes, it is getting confusing!!!!
LOL

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Basically, having crushes on teachers is somewhere I never went during high school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)