Teachers knowing about the sample answers and taking marks off??? (1 Viewer)

Sammmmmuel

Just a quick question. If i was to use a past exam response sent out by BOS as a sample in the hsc exam, will that cause me to lose marks? And if someone in my class has almost precisely the same answer as me in an essay, will we both get a bad mark?

After all, how can they tell if someone isnt just repeating ths hsc and putting their same answer as that in the standard sample? And how could they tell if a person in my class and i werent thinking exactly the same thing at exactly the same moment?

In short, can i use past exam answers and not lose marks?

bails

Yah well i rekon if u can remember what was in the sample answers, take the key pts and put it in ur own words. Change the structure a bit and tis all good, no need 4 u to b stressin if u do do it...coz i rekon i would b

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You'll always lose marks for plagiarism, heh.

Mazey

Hmm! Put it this way!
Markers are normal teachers. If the BOS SENT the exemplar answers to ur teacher (who gave it to u) and ALL other NSW teachers then technially they all know it.

But meh they probs wouldnt all recognise it and realistically like you'd remember a whole essay! :)

Go with Bails, take the key pts, get some ideas!
And reword, reword, reword! ;)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Don't forget that they use the samples from the standards packages when determining how much you've demonstrated...

Sammmmmuel

So if I reword an answer, and add a little more information, is that still considered as plaigiarism??

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
My plagarism is just cutting sections from all different top essay's and forming what i call a SUPER ESSAY.

then when they ask me a screwed up question, im dead haha

I'm even using Minai's intro editted to make it more genreal so i can suit all questions.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I once "borrowed" a line for a Frontline essay, and the teacher put a huge red line through it and wrote "DON'T DO THIS!".

I took it as a sign and never borrowed again.. :(

ToOL

hahahah yeah cut n paste. take out nice bits, stick it all together and WALLAH! hey pesto perfect recipe for plagiarised essay :)

Wahlito

well generally speaking, everyone is supposed to write about the same stuff anyway... as long as it fits in with the question....

meh i dunno... my teacher encouraged us to study previous band 5/6 essays and take things out of it to put in our own

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
plagirism all the way!!!!

hey, they won't recognise it, and u ain't gonna put it down word by word either, coz it gonna b a different question. :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ok well we have been 'borrowing' everywhere

and you physically can't memorise a past essay, and use that, because the question will be different. if you don't mould the essay to the question, your marks will not be that good.

Mazey

Lol dun u find tho that all ur essays say basically the same thing except u change the wording a little to fit in with the question?! :p

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
It's so annoying that people are taking other's work and might potentially scam band 6's and stuff from it when others (e.g. myself) are relying on their own english skills and study of the text... call me a bitch or whatever but I don't think it's fair, and I don't understand how you could be proud of a mark achieved by plagerizing.... at least when I get my english mark I will know that it is all mine.....

I'd be pretty peeved if others were copying my essays.....

is a roflcopter
HSC
im a serial plagiarist

-The fricatives of the sibilance in semaphore secrets emulates the whisper of clandestine details-

come on , that line is just ASKING to be copied :p

Mazey

Hmm good pt braindrained! i spose i wouldnt like someone copying me! Makes u think tho, if u have the memory to MEMORISE choice lines u probably have the memory and skill to make up ur own bs in the exam :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)