• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Teachers on Strike (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Who says this? Also it could be an unprecedented number of much lower wage nursing positions after firing the ones on the current wage.

I don't know where you get your statistics from. I just know that the thousands of nurses and teachers marching today in protest for their jobs was very real.
I work for the Health Dept.

lol why are you insisting on banging on with this stuff about lower wages i dont get it

HSC
My teachers have been ranting all week about this strike since my subjects are pretty related (economics and business studies which both incorporate employment relations). Im just curious how large the ramifications could be from this considering there income is only being downgraded by like 1% p.a .
minimal ramifications
they are already generously remunerated once you consider other benefits, plus they are not paid according to performance lol unlike everyone else

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Who says this? For all you know it could be an unprecedented number of much lower wage nursing positions after firing the ones on the current wage.

I don't know where you get your statistics from. I just know that the thousands of nurses and teachers marching today in protest for their jobs was very real.
NSW boosting police, nurse numbers (Sydney Morning Herald, 6 Sept 2011)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
ok so

how do all of you cunts

get that a cap on their wage increases of 2.5%

to

firing nurses (lol)

and

lowering their wages (lol)

clementc

Awesome Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Cutting the wage increase to 2.5% pa at most, when inflation is at 3.6% means an effective cut in their pay.
And these nurses have had their jobs cut.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Cutting the wage increase to 2.5% pa at most, when inflation is at 3.6% means an effective cut in their pay.
source

when and where is this happening. i cant see 120 positions being cut without it making some sort of media splash

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If they did it would have been under the previous Labor government. The current gov hasnt really been in long enough.

Unionists always like to spread fear among their membership about what coalition governments are doing, even to the point of making things up. No surprise given the ALP is the Union movements political arm.

There have been NO cuts to front line staff under this government and none are planned.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
the union is so dum

some union hack tried to get me to join once and i was like no way you guys are retarded and he was like :s

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
minimal ramifications
they are already generously remunerated once you consider other benefits, plus they are not paid according to performance lol unlike everyone else
I reckon teachers should have their income tied to performance/productivity some how :)....

true they get a hell heap of benefits and paid well in comparison to other sectors. Plus they get pretty descent hours, it just doesn't make sense how they rant on supplementary roles such as marking exam papers/hw/preparing lessons. I don't see how its such a complex process =.=...

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
fuck

really

So why don't you go picket the several other sectors that haven't had increases in wages at all, let alone in comparison to inflation

You're really saying that getting paid more is getting paid less, you know that right?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
How many of the last wage increases for the public sector were in line, or above inflation? Srs question, cbf looking it up

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
"The Government says decisions in the State's Industrial Relations Commission have ensured public sector rises averaging 4.5 per cent, since 2007."

Answers my questions.

Wankers, need to shut up. 4.5%. Over stuffed pansies.

clementc

Awesome Member
HSC
Uni Grad
source

when and where is this happening. i cant see 120 positions being cut without it making some sort of media splash
I agree katie I actually have no evidence to prove to you that the nurse came from a hospital where all those people were laid off. I just really don't see why she would have had the need to lie to some random person next to her marching.

But honestly I really see no need for the personal attack on me or my dad Lolsmith. You really seem like a bigoted, unpleasant person in the way you call others morons and cunts so readily. Others will have conflicting perspectives with you, but can't you form coherent arguments to openly discuss things like everyone else and not resort to plain insults to take a jab at others?

@katie
I read:
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/nsw-teach...-mass-public-sector-rally-20110908-1jyec.html

It mentions that at least 5000 jobs are on the line, and in the video it mentions people being made redundant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
1.54pm: Some eye-catching banners have been spotted towards the end of the rally, including one saying "Don't choke on your phlegm Barry" carried by a group of nurses from a respiratory care unit. Macquarie Street is now clear and some workers have gathered quietly in Hyde Park, colliding with a very small "Free Syria" demonstration.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/nsw-teach...ector-rally-20110908-1jyec.html#ixzz1XN5eYona
Hahahaha of all the days to run a "free Syria" protest.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
It mentions that at least 5000 jobs are on the line, and in the video it mentions people being made redundant.
They are voluntary redundancies of mainly middle management in less important departments. No front line staff are part of that.

In their place they are recruiting new nurses, police and teachers as mentioned earlier.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
well yes I can but that doesn't mean that your dad isn't a moron

Who really readily believes anything from someone against something, who has a serious agenda against what they're talking about

It's like taking Henry Ford's word about what the Jews are like

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
They are voluntary redundancies of mainly middle management in less important departments. No front line staff are part of that.

In their place they are recruiting new nurses, police and teachers as mentioned earlier.
I was just about to mention this.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Dear thisNSWisamess....nfortunately for bazza many of those protesting today actually believed that Bazza was going to be different. But he has shown himslef to be just anotheer lying politician who will lie his way into power. Many of the worker today are feeling betrayed and yes they do represent the silent majority who thought they were voting for real change but got Bazza instead

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/nsw-teach...ector-rally-20110908-1jyec.html#ixzz1XN6mriPI
Sometimes reading these comments makes me want to rip my hair out.

Context people.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I agree katie I actually have no evidence to prove to you that the nurse came from a hospital where all those people were laid off. I just really don't see why she would have had the need to lie to some random person next to her marching.

But honestly I really see no need for the personal attack on me or my dad Lolsmith. You really seem like a bigoted, unpleasant person in the way you call others morons and cunts so readily. Others will have conflicting perspectives with you, but can't you form coherent arguments to openly discuss things like everyone else and not resort to plain insults to take a jab at others?

@katie
I read:
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/nsw-teach...-mass-public-sector-rally-20110908-1jyec.html

Yeah mate they are voluntary redundancies and only concern middle management. The current situation is that public departments are unnecessarily top heavy with a random assortment of middle management tiers that achieve nothing. These redundancies do not affect frontline staff such as nurses on the wards, but fat cats sitting in middle management pulling 100k + salaries. The current climate is a bureaucratic nightmare full of inefficiency. Scrap the middle management, make more places for front line staff. It's simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)