Teachers who put you to sleep? (1 Viewer)

skyscraper

Goin Up
HSC
I finished school last year, but yeah did anyone have/has a teacher who just puts you completely to sleep?

My yr11 business teacher was amazing, interesting to listen to and I enjoyed the class. year 12, my new teacher put me to sleep. I still liked business, but no matter what I did, I would go from awake and alert to exhausted and nodding off whenever I walked into that classroom.

mac1996

HSC
since its business, theres not much to understand, so if it reaches the point where your not learning anything
id go the the library and do my own study during that class

madharris

HSC
N/A
Music, English, Maths, Chemistry - Oh and the headmaster!!!!! (If he counts as a teacher), the deputy principal, head of the senior college and head of the middle school! :)

So basically every staff member that spoke to me :)

tonynho

HSC
I hope I get decent teachers in Year 11. I'm hoping for a good Modern teacher, and a good English teacher. That is ALL I'm asking for :(

Aysce

HSC
My biology teacher. All he ever did was ramble on about how supposedly "great" he was.

enoilgam

HSC
I had a few in High School, but my Legal History lecturer in uni took the cake by a mile - it was literally the most boring subject in the world being taught by the most boring person in the world. Imagine a 70ish year old guy with a droning voicing babbling on for 3 hours about 10th century jurisprudence. It was truly horrifying

starshine02

HSC
I have this teacher who always talks about her family and health issues...

It's kinda hard because people feel like it'd be really mean to just tell them to stop wasting time/telling stories so we all just suck it up and pretend to be interested.

AsianFrustratio

4ubiochemphysbrah
HSC
My Year 7 Math teacher, she was so old and her voice was so dull and, despite sitting at the front, she never noticed me sleep >_>

She almost slaughtered my passion for maths which I only redeemed by the end of year 8

Focus is Key

HSC
My Year 9 History teacher was horrible. He'd begin by discussing one point vaguely related to History then focus on some hugely irrelevant small piece of information for 45 minutes. People reguarly either fell asleep in his class or mucked up because of his droning, repetitive awful voice and classes. My Year 11 Biology teacher was really bad too. She'd drone on for 45 minutes or so (although admittedly about relevant, usually fairly important information) but no-one could concentrate during it at all. She'd always give us sheets and I hated doing them :/ MUCH rather write notes!

HSC
My English teacher.... Seriously she is just so damn boring to listen too! We were on one page of a novel for like 4 days just talking about it and I'm just there with my head on the desk sleeping. I hope I have more enthusiasm to listen to her this year but I don't like my chances..

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
my physics teacher-only they didnt talk but just said to complete sheets on our computer, so it was pretty much self teaching and i pretty much failed the test

Magical Kebab

HSC
We used to take naps in year 9 English and our teacher used to give us Vegemite on toast.

Jikky

HSC
IST teacher in year 10.. oh ma gawd. the true definition of monotonous. with one of those lazy, swerving tones in her voice. -____-

cheepy5

HSC
My Ext2 teacher especially on a hot day afternoon when everyone is tired. According to my friends he has 'a soothing voice when explaining conics'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)