teachers (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i have a good modern teacher (in fact, i have all good teachers this year), pity i won't be in class to enjoy it :(

Style Bonus

There seems to be a trend of good History teachers, or maybe it's just on this board.

My Modern History Teacher is funny, he spends most periods just paying people out. Once he came late to class and we sent him outside (as he does to late people) and he just didn't come back.

Even so, we seem to learn and understand three times as much in class as we did before.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Most History teachers are good because they're passionate about it. That's what I've noticed as the trend, humanities teachers are usually passionate about what they teach. That's why they're good teachers.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
You stay with the same teachers from prelim to HSC. At least that's what you should do.
If you're lucky. I've just changed teachers. My awesome (to the max) teacher retired...

So now I'm in a class with a teacher I don't know and really can't talk to. Uncomfortable situation.

jo_harding

out teacher is a moron hahaha... no really.. she just follows the syllabus and has no idea what shes really talking about. today she was reading this passage/quote thing and she reads 'pariah' as 'paa-ree-ah' bahahah.. oh well, what can you do?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Skillo
If you're lucky. I've just changed teachers. My awesome (to the max) teacher retired...

So now I'm in a class with a teacher I don't know and really can't talk to. Uncomfortable situation.
Well, that'd suck. You need a teacher you can ask questions with and not feel uncomfortable, it helps.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
my modern teacher thinks we're idiots and once in a while some1 uses a HARD word e.g. REFINE she gets all worked up and tells the whole class to clap...its so embarassing...so yeah we all pretend to be stupid and passive learners

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
my teacher makes lame "simpsons" quotes and expects us to laugh...very sad but he's a pretty good teacher in general..

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Last year... which unfortunately was yr 10, i had probably the best Modern teacher in NSW, but then, of course, in yr.11, i don't get him, but i get some really crappy new teacher, who seems to have no idea whatsoever about Modern at all... i don't feel like i have learned anything all year...

demorte

HSC
N/A
Oh GOD! don't get me started....

My modern history does not even know how to speak English properly, she reads (barely) out of the textbook, knows nothing about how the HSC Modern history exams works, cannot teach, is plain stupid and has no knowledge about history or common sesne about anything.

For an assignment we had to "analyse pictures of the WW1....." she then told us to find 6"pictures" in 9 catergories and then write 2 sentences on it. We knew what she was telling us to do sorta was against the point of analysing sources but we did exactly what she asked so we could get max. marks. Well then her "co-workers" saw the assignments and told her that the class is not up to HSC standard, and then made us look like the stupid ones. 54 sources... bloody hell!

She has said some of the most stupid things in class (Eg. Bavaria is in Austria, not Germany... and when we tried to correct her she screamed at us saying "WHY YOU DISSOBEY ME" Woodrow Wilson was NOT an american, apparently... and just other crap not worth mentioning.... while our HSC go down the
drain, the school does nothing.

Basically, I have learnt jack this year and last.

I am going to fail. [sigh]

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
awww. dont give up.. ask the master of self teaching i.e. Ziff and you'll realise that if u just follow the syllabus urself and write notes and answer past HSC questions AND write some essays based on past yrs papers and such then ull be fine

Ziff

HSC
N/A
^^ She loves me...

Teaching yourself is easy. Use textbooks, study guides, the internet and the syllabus. Answer past papers, questions from the revision guides and what not and you're on a winner!

The first step is not turning upto class...

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by RyddeckerSMP
Last year... which unfortunately was yr 10, i had probably the best Modern teacher in NSW, but then, of course, in yr.11, i don't get him, but i get some really crappy new teacher, who seems to have no idea whatsoever about Modern at all... i don't feel like i have learned anything all year...
Hey...you go to Baulko, right? Which teacher do you have?

I had a shit teacher at the beginning of yr 11, then he had some personal problems, and we got a worse teacher. Then the guy retired, and my teacher at the moment, is the worst I've ever had.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
No class for Ziffy, you miss out on the monday morning torture sessions.
I hope I kicked yo ass.
If I didn't its status quo anti anyway.
Here I go with the language stuff again. Damn you Ancient History and your SubTopic of Latin!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Status quo is used ad nauseum in English anyway so your notion of "ancient history" is not vaild - hence I win :p

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
Hey...you go to Baulko, right? Which teacher do you have?

I had a shit teacher at the beginning of yr 11, then he had some personal problems, and we got a worse teacher. Then the guy retired, and my teacher at the moment, is the worst I've ever had.
Bruton the futon..... he is so shit it is not funny.... Did you have Clarke in yr 11? and who do you have now?

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by RyddeckerSMP
Bruton the futon..... he is so shit it is not funny.... Did you have Clarke in yr 11? and who do you have now?
OMG! Bruton has to be the worst teacher around. Whenever I have my frees he has his year 11 class at the library. He's so creepy as well! Yeah I had Clarke in yr 11, then Mr Maiden, who is a joke, and now we have Mr Elton. You'd think he'd be good, but he is sooooo boring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)