Teaching advice (1 Viewer)

Boonyak

HSC
Hey guys im thinking of becoming a school teacher but was wondering is the salary any good like what do i start at and where can i get to as a normal teacher.

Please only people who know answer i dont want assumptions

HSC
ummm starting is like 45-55k range afaik, and depending on level, some HS head teachers are like 93k? Principals up to 140k? Idk. There's a nice range there.

Living Moment

HSC
1) Depends on what type of teacher e.g. Secondary or primary?

2) What field are you most interested in e.g. Science, English, Math etc.

3) If you’re going to do teaching because of the money please change your career option, starts about in the 62,000 to 98,000

4) The 12 week holiday is over rated don't think you’re going to have a chill and relax, there's alot or marking, preparation what goes with the job

5) If your good with kids/teens and love talking your head off about things you love, teaching is an amazing job

Peeik

HSC
Teacher has one of the best starting salaries in Australia. Some of the pathways of a teacher are head teacher, deputy principal, principal,officer for the board of studies, officer for the DEC (formerly DET).

From my personal experience doing a education degree, you must really enjoy the subject you wish to teach as well has teaching as a whole. Otherwise you will be wasting your time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)