technique in this quote? (1 Viewer)

beaniebabie

HSC
hey, sorry this is a bit of a last minute post!

what would be the technique in this quote, "the smell of boiled cabbage and old rag mats," from Orwell's 1984? I was thinking of a decaying tone but I feel like there's a better technique for this quote.

beaniebabie

HSC
bruh i got scammed and was told imagery wasn't a technique. like it had to be achieved through a literary technique like descriptive language.

beaniebabie

HSC
LMAO i shouldve just gone to the bos forums earlier. i been so confused on whether or not it is, cos i got deducted a mark for using it in my essays. and so i've steered clear since and practically said "descriptive language is used to appeal to the olfactory senses". wow scammed im gonna go cry now. thanks my g's, appreciate it

YourLocalDumbAss

HSC
N/A
LMAO i shouldve just gone to the bos forums earlier. i been so confused on whether or not it is, cos i got deducted a mark for using it in my essays. and so i've steered clear since and practically said "descriptive language is used to appeal to the olfactory senses". wow scammed im gonna go cry now. thanks my g's, appreciate it
don’t panic

akhan324

HSC
bruh i got scammed and was told imagery wasn't a technique. like it had to be achieved through a literary technique like descriptive language.
wtf u told u that imagery always saves my ass - u can say grosteque imagery or repulsive diction makes the reader uncomfortable etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)