Techniques-please read! (1 Viewer)

Nataliiee10

HSC
Hey all,
Now im not sure if im the only one-BUT- I tend to struggle ALOT in terms of using techniques in my essays. My teachers all say the information is in my mind although I cannot put it to paper as well, or back it up with use of techniques, as i have trouble detecting them. Anyone else have this problem? I feel this thread could be helpful for anyone else in my position, does anybody have any advice?I need minimum band 4 for eng to even have a chance at my uni course..STRESSING!
Thanks all xx

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
practice past hsc papers, ie the short answers

Kat92

HSC
Hey all,
Now im not sure if im the only one-BUT- I tend to struggle ALOT in terms of using techniques in my essays. My teachers all say the information is in my mind although I cannot put it to paper as well, or back it up with use of techniques, as i have trouble detecting them. Anyone else have this problem? I feel this thread could be helpful for anyone else in my position, does anybody have any advice?I need minimum band 4 for eng to even have a chance at my uni course..STRESSING!
Thanks all xx
Have a look at some of the other threads upon this site. For example you will see acronyms to help structure your essay with the incorporation of techniques. Also check ARC upon Board of Studies for sample essays, this will show you what you need to do!

i.e [COMPOSER], through the use of [TECHNIQUE] conveys ..............

Or i.e. Through the use of [TECHNIQUE], [COMPOSER] conveys........

Good luck, hope it all works out for you. At first it can be very hard to get your head around, if not clearly explained!

Best wishes for your HSC and I hope that you receive your band 4 or greater. :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Look for lists of meta language. They'll help you find the right term to use.

Nataliiee10

HSC
Have a look at some of the other threads upon this site. For example you will see acronyms to help structure your essay with the incorporation of techniques. Also check ARC upon Board of Studies for sample essays, this will show you what you need to do!

i.e [COMPOSER], through the use of [TECHNIQUE] conveys ..............

Or i.e. Through the use of [TECHNIQUE], [COMPOSER] conveys........

Good luck, hope it all works out for you. At first it can be very hard to get your head around, if not clearly explained!

Best wishes for your HSC and I hope that you receive your band 4 or greater. :)
Thankyou soooo much:) Il do my best!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)