• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Teen kills her baby so she could go party **ONLY IN AMERICA** (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
A South Side teenage mother who authorities said no longer wanted a baby because she couldn't go to parties was held on $600,000 bond Wednesday on charges that she drowned her 5-month-old daughter in a bathtub earlier this month.

Rozlynn Rodgers, 19, was charged Tuesday with first-degree murder in the April 4 death of her daughter, Makalah, at their home in the 7800 block of South Ingleside Avenue. She later told authorities that she drowned the child because she no longer wanted to be a mother, officials said.

Rodgers told police "she didn't want to be a mom anymore because she couldn't go to parties if she had to take care of the baby," Assistant State's Atty. Mary Anna Planey said Wednesday during a bond hearing before Judge Laura Sullivan.

Planey said that Rodgers placed the baby in a full bathtub on the afternoon of April 4. When the child slid under the water, Rodgers sat and watched for several minutes, Planey said. Another person in the house called 911 after Rodgers removed Makalah from the bathtub.

The baby later was pronounced dead of cardiac arrest, and the medical examiner reported that her lungs were saturated with water, Planey said. Though the original autopsy by the Cook County medical examiner's office was inconclusive, the manner of death was later changed to homicide, police spokeswoman Laura Kubiak said Wednesday.

Rodgers also was charged with aggravated battery to a police officer after she attacked a police officer during her arrest, Kubiak said. While in custody Tuesday, Rodgers became disruptive and knocked over a table in an interview room, Planey said. Later, Rodgers scratched, punched, kicked and spat in the face of a detective, Planey said.

A public defender said Rodgers was a full-time student at Las Casas Occupational High School and planned to graduate in June. Her next court appearance will be on May 12.

The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services launched an investigation into allegations of death by neglect the day Makalah died, spokesman Kendall Marlowe said. He said the agency had no prior contact with the family and that there were no other children in the home

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/ny-usdrow0424,0,6496415.story
lol, so ghetto.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
What a fuckin retard. She could have just not said anything, or been all like " i was giving it a bath then the phone rang, i thought the baby would be ok!" and been charged with something heaps less, like manslaughter or probably something even weaker.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Not only should this girl have had an abortion, her mother should have had one too.

Stang

HSC
that is so sad why did she even have the baby in the first place

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
She'd argue post-natal depression.
Tragic though

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
scarybunny said:
Not only should this girl have had an abortion, her mother should have had one too.
I don't get what the difference is between that and this

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Clearly I think there is a difference.

That's for the abortion thread, dear. You can bang your head against the wall in there.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Well she's not going to get to go to any parties where she's headed now, so I don't know how the fuck she thought she'd get MORE freedom by committing murder, which tends to land you in GAOL for a long time, but whatever. Some people should just not be allowed to have sex ever. Because then moronic shit like this takes place. Aside from being terribly sad it's just so fucking dumb on the mother's part.

rozymisty

HSC
Gee whiz poor baby! Why didnt she just think hey if i put the bub up for adoption then I can go out and party and be a free woman,...or i could kil the baby and go to jail for the rest of my life where it will be one big party..

Stupid brain she has.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I know, right?

Put it up for adoption and you're baby-free (win!) and the baby goes to a good family who actually want it (win!).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)