• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Teenagers get life for schoolgirl murder (1 Viewer)

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Is it really mental illness or lack of education, at school and at home? If these "mental illnesses" arise from the fact that people did not pay enough attention to these people at school or at home, couldn't we target these areas, dealing with the problems before they arise rather than after? These girls probably had a skewed sense of right/wrong, derived from school or family, like the M_K rapists' father (the bastard giggled and said something like "they'd make good gynecologists", if i remember right).

-P_D

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
If I really wanted to kill someone why would I feel remorse for it? Only if it was manslaughter would the possibility of remorse arise.

jimmayyy

HSC
Serius said:
and that boys and girls, is why australia should be spending more on mental illness instead of providing tax cuts so we can get votes. 5 minutes alone with either of those 2 girls and i would have been able to tell they were suffering some serious mental problems[most likely a psychosis]. If i could do it so quickly i am surprised that they were never refered to a professional or that anyone else hadnt picked it up.

lmao okay - no one picked up these two bitches were psycho in 17 years, wat makes u think u could diagnose it in 5 minutes?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
jimmayyy said:
lmao okay - no one picked up these two bitches were psycho in 17 years, wat makes u think u could diagnose it in 5 minutes?
because iam studying psychology...i plan on being a clinical psychologist so its kinda stuff i have to know about. If nobody picked it up [which i highly HIGHLY doubt] then its because nobody really paid attention to their lives. Most likely people did pick it up, but they just thought they were wierd kids, or anti-social or they didnt think it was a big deal, not knowing the sorts of problems it could cause.

Nobody can just kill another human being in cold blood for no good reason... they didnt even hate the girl, she was a friend for fuck sake and they just killed her for a rush. That screams out serious problems to me, too bad we might never know exactly what those problems were but i can guess at the most likely ones and none of them are pretty [except narcisism, but if that was it it would have to be in rediculously large amounts to cause a problem like that]

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
wuddie said:
so would you rather be raped or murdered?

see here's the thing with girls, they don't have remorse. they know they are wrong but still they have to keep up with their attitude.

sorry for the generalisation.
I wouldn't want to be raped or murdered to start with. It's not anything anyone asks for.

Well, excluding the people that want to harm themselves, that's a different case.

jimmayyy

HSC
Serius said:
because iam studying psychology...
my bad, i didnt know i was posting with dr phil

Nobody can just kill another human being in cold blood for no good reason...
i find that very hard to believe (unless of course, your psychology text book said it)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Armani said:
If I really wanted to kill someone why would I feel remorse for it? Only if it was manslaughter would the possibility of remorse arise.
The judge not only considered the non-remorse but also the fact that it was premeditated, discussed etc. You add up all these factors together, you find a really brutal murder.

The importance of remorse shows their attitude towards the crime and their frame of mind. Obviously their lawyers wanted to say they were just fucked up from drugs, were stupid etc; and remorse shows that despite drugs and possible childish stupidity, the girls still don't see what the problem is (in layman terms).

So I'm not sure why you even mentioned remorse for.

lengy

HSC
Because I don't understand how someone can murder and then feel remorse. It's planning to do something and feeling guilty about it later. You knew what you were planning to do, you know the consequences of taking that action and you went through with it so why feel remorse for? I'd be defiant in my belief that I took the course of action which I believed to be true, however flawed, that I felt was correct at the time. You may feel regret at the consequences that you did not predict but not at the action itself. If I were to run over another driver because I was enraged I'd feel defiant in my act that it was justified at the time and if asked if I was remorseful of that action I would say no, I may regret the consequences of those actions but not the action itself because I believe he deserved it at the time and will remain so forever more.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Are you saying, if it's premeditated, how can you show remorse? Which makes sense, and I will probably agree with. I think the shock factor of this murder case is premeditation and remorse, which goes hand in hand. I think you're analysing it seperately?

Or are you saying, how can one show remorse for murder in general? You can, if it's not premeditated and done out of impulse (rage, crazy mental stuff, drugs etc).

I do things I don't intend to all the time, and yes I can regret it.

lengy

HSC
Then it's manslaughter. I'm saying you shouldn't need to feel remorse for murder because it's premeditated but if it was manslaughter then you can factor in remorse because it wasn't premeditated.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
psychopaths itt

WWJD_2005

Banned
HSC
Are you saying, if it's premeditated, how can you show remorse?
You can still show remorse if it was premeditated it's just less likely that a reasonable person could imagine you being as remorseful. You can premeditate something but then when the actual conclusion occurs, wish it hadn't happened, because you can't foresee everything perfectly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)