• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Telemarketing (1 Viewer)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Anyone do it here?
This guy in my year does it and says he makes 18$ an hour under the award.
If that's true, i wouldn't mind doing it after the hsc finishes.

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
mate i would not do it if i were you. Do you even know what a tellimarketer does? they piss people off at 6pm during dinner time, you will always get rejections.

I did door knocking in june & everyone rejected me & i only got paid if i got a credit card donation.

it will be better off to get a job at BIGW or a store.

rockstar01

HSC
nah dont worry about what wevil said....

my friend does it he said it is heaps easy..he gets paid $20 an hour and $60 commission if he makes a sale...i wanna do it after the hsc aswell

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know what kind of experience if any you would need for a telemarketing job? Thanks.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i dont do telemarketing i do market research
yes many rejections but you get paid no matter what
as long as you get some surveys during the day u get paid regardless
ours pays 18.75 after the 1st 40 hrs training

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
yellowbrick said:
Who do u work for Katie? and are they always looking for casual/part time people? coz i'm only avail 1 day a week.
Woolcott research - they want minimum 3 days work including 1 weekend so days 5-9 and weekends 10-6 .
maybe find another company who is more flexible. woolcott is cos you choose ur shifts the week b4 and you pretty much get them unless they dont have any work which has happened

tempco

HSC
Katie123 said:
Woolcott research - they want minimum 3 days work including 1 weekend so days 5-9 and weekends 10-6 .
maybe find another company who is more flexible. woolcott is cos you choose ur shifts the week b4 and you pretty much get them unless they dont have any work which has happened
i want my ps. i've failed twice. :(

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
in a 8 hour shift i call about 300 people of which if i am lucky i will get 50 pick ups and 5-12 surveys
i did a 8 hr shift with a really shit survey which was 15 mins long and i got 2 people. They keep saying you should do 1.5 surveys an hour which equals about 12.
if you have poor call rate when there is less work you wont get a shift.
so answering your question no not really just as long as you get the job done

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
It'll be quite hard finding a 1 day a week job, let alone trying to find your first job (i'm assuming it's your first because you mention you have no/little experience).

You'll have to find something that is flexible, which is hard if you don't have the right contacts. Just have a look around in the papers and online and stuff. Sometimes you get lucky and find like marketing or data entry jobs that only require people 1 day a week or so.

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
yeh katie what was your processes of getting the telemarketing job from applyin interviewing etc

lotuschild

HSC
i have a mate who works as a telemarketer contractor for telstra (which basically means he only works on commission) and works full time, but he earns loads. Hes first year out of school and already putting down the deposit on a new house. True story.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i saw the ad on sydney uni website ...rang up went for a 'talk' that afternoon said come in for 10 hr training next week which included first 4 hr shift and voila i had a job. yes they are desperate...its not a job that has a very good staying rate cos a) people do it for uni survival b)you will go nuts after a while. so they are always looking for people. I would never do telemarketing..if i thought people were annoyed at me now they would be even worse when you try and sell them something.
I think you just have to be able to talk properly and thats about it . We have international students working tehre as well but they are mainly from the UK and the US.
um yeah ...anymore questions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)