Tennis - G.O.A.T - Federer vs Laver (1 Viewer)

acemusic415

HSC
Yeah, but 1990s~ is like their limit and then they don't really know anybody else. So it's sorta pointless asking people on this forum who's better when they don't really know many other players.
Most people in this generation (in Australia - or rather most of my friends) only know Federer, Nadal, (Djokovic now), the Williams Sisters as well as Sharapova. Anything from that will derive from an interest of tennis. I also forgot to mention, Stosur as she is the highest Australian seed that we have right now and most current to win a major.

D94

HSC
N/A
Yeah, but 1990s~ is like their limit and then they don't really know anybody else. So it's sorta pointless asking people on this forum who's better when they don't really know many other players.
Well they don't call it "Rod Laver Arena" for no reason; I'm sure Laver is well known by a reasonable number of people.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Nadal beats Djokovic for the (eight consecutive year) Monte Carlo title.

6-3, 6-1.

Looks like the king of clay isn't going down on clay.

Oh and he ended Djokovic's reign. (DAM IT!)

acemusic415

HSC
Nadal beats Djokovic for the (eight consecutive year) Monte Carlo title.

6-3, 6-1.

Looks like the king of clay isn't going down on clay.

Oh and he ended Djokovic's reign. (DAM IT!)
This match (to me) does not count. Djokovic was so out of it, not playing his best. I hope he defends his title in Madrid and Rome.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
djokovic could possibly not be at his best due to the emotional downer of his grandfather passing away yesterday
Told u.

Doesnt matter how great a temnnis player someone is, some things will just weigh on u

Autonomatic

HSC
N/A
This match (to me) does not count. Djokovic was so out of it, not playing his best. I hope he defends his title in Madrid and Rome.
Agree to a certain degree. Djokovic could have played so much better - 25 UE's to Nadal's 10. I guess the emotional burden weighing him down mentally may have been a factor - who wouldn't be mentally fragile with a close relative gone? After the finals, Nadal's streak at Monte Carlo continues to thrive whilst Djokovic's winning streak against Nadal halts.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Agree to a certain degree. Djokovic could have played so much better - 25 UE's to Nadal's 10. I guess the emotional burden weighing him down mentally may have been a factor - who wouldn't be mentally fragile with a close relative gone? After the finals, Nadal's streak at Monte Carlo continues to thrive whilst Djokovic's winning streak against Nadal halts.
Also, 1 loss to Nadal on CLAY isn't the end or anything. He still has the French Open (which matters the most).
I'm hoping that Federer plays better on clay this season. (Not too sure if he can defend his runner-up at the FO)

federer is the best, djokovic is a complete dick
lul

The dick who is a god atm (hence, the name Djesus)

Autonomatic

HSC
N/A
Also, 1 loss to Nadal on CLAY isn't the end or anything. He still has the French Open (which matters the most).
I'm hoping that Federer plays better on clay this season. (Not too sure if he can defend his runner-up at the FO)
True, True. But you have to hand it to Nadal; he played better through the course of the tournament. Also, if you observed close enough, you might notice that Nadal augmented his serve so that there was more topspin and that it went faster; this was done by using less of a western grip which made the ball slice less.

LOL Djesus. I see what you did thar :tennisclap:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
True, True. But you have to hand it to Nadal; he played better through the course of the tournament. Also, if you observed close enough, you might notice that Nadal augmented his serve so that there was more topspin and that it went faster; this was done by using less of a western grip which made the ball slice less.

LOL Djesus. I see what you did thar :tennisclap:
But, Djokovic beating Berdych on clay is quite the feat considering the emotions that he was experiencing.

Autonomatic

HSC
N/A
But, Djokovic beating Berdych on clay is quite the feat considering the emotions that he was experiencing.
Coincidentally enough, that day had VERY difficult conditions to play in; blustering winds indicative of both players UE's and double faults in that match. That match could've gone either way, but I do agree that it was a feat for Djokovic to beat the in-form Berdych.

Oh, and if you are keen on watching full matches you can search "TennisVadim46" on youtube.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Coincidentally enough, that day had VERY difficult conditions to play in; blustering winds indicative of both players UE's and double faults in that match. That match could've gone either way, but I do agree that it was a feat for Djokovic to beat the in-form Berdych.

Oh, and if you are keen on watching full matches you can search "TennisVadim46" on youtube.
Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)