[TENNIS] The 2014 ATP/WTA Australian Open Thread (1 Viewer)

Who will win the 2015 Australian Open? (ATP)

• Total voters

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
grats to Serena and a great fight back by Sharapova
Sharapova's TWO FH DTLs to save 2 matchpoints though. Two very clutch/awesome FHs DTL considering the moment.

That being said, Serena was a serving machine that whole match.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I'm thinking Djokovic will win in 4 sets

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
King Novak to win 6-0 6-0 6-0, Murray reveals that he is actually just Novak doing an Andy Murray impression

HecticSandWitch

HSC
I do... I do. Im just hoping you would answer my question thats all you dont have to say anything if you dont want to...

Though in my opinion I think they're both beauties
Both beasts, imagine trying to return one of their serves holy shit I'd die.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm thinking Djokovic will win in 4 sets
Yeah, I think most people would go with Novak in 4. Andy to grab either the 1st or 2nd set.

Reasons for 4 sets:
1. Don't think Murray will lose in straights. Djokovic is bound to play ''eh'' in one set at least.
2. Don't think Murray can push Djokovic to 5 sets. Murray will need to be in god-mode and Djokovic playing worse than his usual level.

That being said, Murray's TWO slam titles came from versing Djokovic in the final. He has never beaten Federer or Nadal in a slam final. Based on this, I think Murray would prefer Djokovic over let's say Federer (not Olderer or Federror though) or Nadal.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Serena's 1st serve should be illegal in the WTA. It's basically a good ATP serve.

Hell, her 2nd serve is better than Andy Murray's 2nd serve (which isn't too great for a ''top'' player).

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Murray probs has this even though i prefer djokovic wins

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Murray probs has this even though i prefer djokovic wins
Murray the favourite?

Doubt it :haha:

Also, I wonder if Djokovic is going to be somewhat physically gassed out against Murray... Murray sure likes to make it a physical battle against Djokovic. They can rally all day.

I remember when Del Potro pushed Djokovic to 5 sets in the 2013 Wimbledon SFs. Then Murray crushed Djokovic in 3 sets in the 2013 Wimbledon finals.

Wawrinka pushed Djokovic to 5 sets in 2015 AO SFs... What happens in the 2015 AO finals against Murray?

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
Murray the favourite?

Doubt it :haha:

Also, I wonder if Djokovic is going to be somewhat physically gassed out against Murray... Murray sure likes to make it a physical battle against Djokovic. They can rally all day.

I remember when Del Potro pushed Djokovic to 5 sets in the 2013 Wimbledon SFs. Then Murray crushed Djokovic in 3 sets in the 2013 Wimbledon finals.

Wawrinka pushed Djokovic to 5 sets in 2015 AO SFs... What happens in the 2015 AO finals against Murray?
Berdy smashed Murray in the first set and then just hit a ridiculous amount of unforced errors the other day

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Berdy smashed Murray in the first set and then just hit a ridiculous amount of unforced errors the other day
It's what happens when you play Murray.

The guy retrieves the ball so well and is great at returning big serves.

HecticSandWitch

HSC
Serena's 1st serve should be illegal in the WTA. It's basically a good ATP serve.

Hell, her 2nd serve is better than Andy Murray's 2nd serve (which isn't too great for a ''top'' player).
I had this visual of Serena lobbing the ball over to serve when I read this ahhahaha

financialwar

HSC
N/A
So that would mean you'd be a racist to have known he was thinking racist thoughts to have racist thoughts to be a racist #raceception
No, I don't need to because he already called me a racist before this.

integral95

HSC
Obviously djoker is the favourite, but it'd be nice to see Murray being 4th time lucky :D

But the #1's serve is pretty strong atm so unless he makes a lot of errors in his service game like his match against wawrinka I doubt Murray could make it.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Obviously djoker is the favourite, but it'd be nice to see Murray being 4th time lucky :D

But the #1's serve is pretty strong atm so unless he makes a lot of errors in his service game like his match against wawrinka I doubt Murray could make it.
murray's serve this open has been pretty great tbh, he puts awesome spin when serving down the line

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
murray's serve this open has been pretty great tbh, he puts awesome spin when serving down the line
Too bad he's facing Djokovic who is the master at returning 2nd serves :haha:

That being said, Murray's 1st serve is great.

If Murray ends up losing, has there been a 4 time finalist, without a title, at ANY slam before? I think Roddick has 3 runner-ups at Wimbledon with 0 titles.

I think Murray's 3 finals without a title at the AO is already a record. A bad record but still a record.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
i think roddick might have that record cos he was unfortunate enough to have been there at peak fed era

integral95

HSC
Too bad he's facing Djokovic who is the master at returning 2nd serves :haha:

That being said, Murray's 1st serve is great.

If Murray ends up losing, has there been a 4 time finalist, without a title, at ANY slam before? I think Roddick has 3 runner-ups at Wimbledon with 0 titles.

I think Murray's 3 finals without a title at the AO is already a record. A bad record but still a record.
Welp Federer had with win the French open in his 4th final, (the year where Nadal his only lost in that tournament)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)