[TENNIS] The 2014 Australian Open Thread (1 Viewer)

Marc26

HSC
Re: [TENNIS] The Official 2014 Australian Open Thread

My preference to win it is:

Fed > Nadal > Wawrinka > Berdych > Dimitrov > Murray

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Well I personally wouldn't be so quick to say that Rafa has this in the bag. Everyone said Novak had an easy route to the finals and look what happened...out in the QFs.
Wawrinka hasn't beaten Djokovic since 2006 until tonight and when Novak was down 2 sets to 1, everyone still thought Novak was the favourite.
Going back to the point on Rafa, I think Wawrinka's win may give everyone else the inspiration that anything is possible.
So Fed, Murray and the rest of the remaining competitors have a great chance to beat him if they play well.

It will be interesting to see Fed v. Murray tomorrow night and how Wawrinka goes over his SF with Berdych. I think he may find it physically draining and could struggle during later parts of the match.

In the end though, I think it will be a Nadal v. Wawrinka final with Nadal winning in 4 if Wawrinka pulls up okay physically and plays like he did tonight
Yeah Stan hasn't beaten Novak (up until today) for like 8 years or something but he pushed Novak to 5 sets last year TWICE. Once at the AO and once at the USO so clearly, he has the ability to cause Novak problems. I think over 60% of today's Fango votes said Novak would lose to Stan :haha: so yeah, Stan had a chance and he took it today.

I guess upsets may be possible for Nadal as well but everyone left in the draw have poor records against Nadal so someone has to be on god-mode to beat him on the day.

Well, I hope Roger can win his 18th slam here but Nadal might prove to be too much for him.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Not sure if you noticed how aggressive Fed was on his BH against Jo-Willie the other night. He was stepping in and cranking them plus using topspin a lot more than the slice.
Pretty sure he does better against Nadal when he does that.

BTW playing as a lefty with big topspin is ridiculously fun. Your opponents struggle with the slice serving and variety. :D
Yeah I saw Roger cranking up the topspin BH the other night against Tsonga (was an awesome display of vintage Fed) but against Nadal, we just have to wonder how long he can sustain his topspin BH. Nadal can break down like 95% of the BHs on the tour today including Roger's one.

My preference to win it is:

Fed > Nadal > Wawrinka > Berdych > Dimitrov > Murray
Mine is...

Fed > Wawrinka > Dimitrov > Murray > Berdych > Nadal

But realistically, the winner chances is...

Nadal > Murray = Federer > Wawrinka > Berdych > Dimitrov

:haha:

Marc26

HSC

yeah i saw roger cranking up the topspin bh the other night against tsonga (was an awesome display of vintage fed) but against nadal, we just have to wonder how long he can sustain his topspin bh. Nadal can break down like 95% of the bhs on the tour today including roger's one.

Mine is...

Fed > wawrinka > dimitrov > murray > berdych > nadal

but realistically, the winner chances is...

Nadal > murray = federer > wawrinka > berdych > dimitrov

:haha:
why the nadal hate bro??

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A

fed>murray

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Azawanka out ¢: Athleticism and artistry prevails as it should! Yet another shock to the semi line up being
Bouchard-Na Cibulkova-Radwanska

My preferences are -
Radwanska=Na>Bouchard>>>>Cibulkova

cjporter97

HSC
This years open is so unpredictable! Almost None of the favourites are doing well. What?

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A

ikr, wtf happened to nole

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

CONGRATS TO Roger Federer for his 11th CONSECUTIVE AUSSIE OPEN SEMI-FINALS. That is an amazingly stunning stat!

So the men's semi-finals are SET!

Tomorrow night - Big hitting TOMAS BERDYCH takes on STAN ''THE MAN who slayed the King of AO'' WAWRINKA
VS

Friday night - Topspin God RAFAEL NADAL takes on the graceful yet deadly ROGER FEDERER
VS

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A

cant wait for friday night, gonna be a epic showdown.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Wdff gonna miss the classic match =^= breakptconverterer didnt show up tonight in the latter parts of the match

Will need to against Nadal who has blisters on his hands which evidently hindered his service motion

Fun fact: If Goderer and Wowrinka make their respective semis, you can expect Murray to drop from 4th to 8ish in ATP rankings

Marc26

HSC

Wdff gonna miss the classic match =^= breakptconverterer didnt show up tonight in the latter parts of the match

Will need to against Nadal who has blisters on his hands which evidently hindered his service motion

Fun fact: If Goderer and Wowrinka make their respective semis, you can expect Murray to drop from 4th to 8ish in ATP rankings
YES! Sorry, I just hate Murray's on-court attitude. Swearing at his player's box and all...

I think Stan may even surpass Feds in the rankings and become the No. 1 Swiss player for the first time since 2001.

We're definitely in for a treat on Friday night !!

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

YES! Sorry, I just hate Murray's on-court attitude. Swearing at his player's box and all...

I think Stan may even surpass Feds in the rankings and become the No. 1 Swiss player for the first time since 2001.

We're definitely in for a treat on Friday night !!
If he does, he definitely deserves it and I'd be happy for him even as a Roger fan :haha:

Well, Stan The Man is taking on the big Berd in a couple of minutes...

Who will go through guys?

Head wants Berdych to go through but heart wants Stan to go through.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Just wanted to say if either Federer/Wawrinka/Berdych win AO then that person will ascend to number 3 ranking. Delpo will break top 4 regardless of results and will be 3 if Nadal wins.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A

Fed is gonna win it.

Accelerant

HSC

Nadal head to head against the others in the final 4 are all in his favour. Nadal is a favourite to win. The end.

williamdaft

HSC

c'mon stan the maaaaaaan!

Marc26

HSC

Nadal head to head against the others in the final 4 are all in his favour. Nadal is a favourite to win. The end.
Lmao Nadal head to head against the top 30 is in his favour. Nadal is always favourite.

Man there is going to be some serious reshuffling in the ranks.

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC

This thread needs more Li Na

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Stan the Man will be awaiting either Roger or Rafa.

He has never taken a set off Rafa so I think he'll be praying for an all Swiss final.

Meanwhile, I think Li Na is like destined to win this year's AO. Pls win it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)