Test and compare your internet speed (1 Viewer)

lochnessmonsta

Booging
HSC
Uni Grad

Farm Lyfe. My brother tries to play black ops 2 with this, sometimes he will cry its so bad haha.

lochnessmonsta

Booging
HSC
Uni Grad
And that's what makes it good. lol
Its the funniest thing to watch, literally shooting someone, not getting points for it then 3 seconds later dying for no apparent reason and watching the killcam and you dont even get a shot off.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
living in pyrmont makes up for the reasonably slow internet, come on buddy
I found out my new apartment in the CBD is already pre-wired for Bigpond Ultimate 100Mbps cable goodness :D Can't wait to get over this stupid 5Mbps rubbish. Can't believe people (like me) believe TPG's "over half our customers get 10Mbps or faster" BS which means half of them don't!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Its the funniest thing to watch, literally shooting someone, not getting points for it then 3 seconds later dying for no apparent reason and watching the killcam and you dont even get a shot off.
And then the crying. lol

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
I found out my new apartment in the CBD is already pre-wired for Bigpond Ultimate 100Mbps cable goodness :D Can't wait to get over this stupid 5Mbps rubbish. Can't believe people (like me) believe TPG's "over half our customers get 10Mbps or faster" BS which means half of them don't!
hahaha nice, that is godly internet! so true, my area only receives ~7mbps gimme that 10mbps :(

RishBonjour

HSC

Yay, 100+
Could you explain why you get 100+mb while some of us get like 3 mb, yet paying the same lol. is it the distance from exchange? cabel? or do they just pump all the good speeds in sydney CBD

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Could you explain why you get 100+mb while some of us get like 3 mb, yet paying the same lol. is it the distance from exchange? cabel? or do they just pump all the good speeds in sydney CBD
First of all i actually live out west so i'm 40 minutes on a train away from the CBD so that has nothing to do with it, there are numerous reasons for differences in speed which i will list below lol.

1. I use cable, it's faster than ADSL and speed is independent of exchange distance. That would be the reason for most peoples slower speeds.
2. There are a LOT of dodgy exchanges around and the ISPs either don't care or don't know. Look it up, there is no shortage of posts about whole neighbourhoods getting slower speeds than they should be.
3. I dont use wifi on my pc. My dad has set up our network at home so there are no speed bottlenecks - the router and all the swiches + cables are all capable of gigabit speeds.
4. Simply being on a full speed plan isn't neccesarily enough, you need a fast modem. When we upgraded our plan (used to get ~20mbps) Optus also made us buy a new modem since the oldschool motorola surfboard (that was playing up and mostly the reason we upgraded) was not capable of high speeds. Optus should have made sure you have the right modem for the plan but i wouldn't be surprised if some people don't.

RishBonjour

HSC
First of all i actually live out west so i'm 40 minutes on a train away from the CBD so that has nothing to do with it, there are numerous reasons for differences in speed which i will list below lol.

1. I use cable, it's faster than ADSL and speed is independent of exchange distance. That would be the reason for most peoples slower speeds.
2. There are a LOT of dodgy exchanges around and the ISPs either don't care or don't know. Look it up, there is no shortage of posts about whole neighbourhoods getting slower speeds than they should be.
3. I dont use wifi on my pc. My dad has set up our network at home so there are no speed bottlenecks - the router and all the swiches + cables are all capable of gigabit speeds.
4. Simply being on a full speed plan isn't neccesarily enough, you need a fast modem. When we upgraded our plan (used to get ~20mbps) Optus also made us buy a new modem since the oldschool motorola surfboard (that was playing up and mostly the reason we upgraded) was not capable of high speeds. Optus should have made sure you have the right modem for the plan but i wouldn't be surprised if some people don't.
oh. The tpg technician came like 20 mins ago. Checked my speed and said I was unlucky because people on the other side of the road get 7+ mb while I get 3 mb because the line goes around the road or something.
fuck this. All my high school I didn't get a school buss pass for living on this street (was just on the 2 km radius) and now shitty internet.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
oh. The tpg technician came like 20 mins ago. Checked my speed and said I was unlucky because people on the other side of the road get 7+ mb while I get 3 mb because the line goes around the road or something.
fuck this. All my high school I didn't get a school buss pass for living on this street (was just on the 2 km radius) and now shitty internet.
heheheehehehehehe

(2km???I would walk to school. that is like 20 minutes walk MAX)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

Ceeeeebs

RishBonjour

HSC
heheheehehehehehe

(2km???I would walk to school. that is like 20 minutes walk MAX)
It was 30 mins unless you can free run over buildings and fences :p
I called tpg just now and complained how their slow upload speed "will hinder my university education when sending large e-mails". fucking kunts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)