Textbook edition (1 Viewer)

vincent26

HSC
N/A
Is it neccessary to get the edition of the textbook they set, cause one of my texts is edition 11 but that's the most recent one and i can only find an edition 10 for second hand, so is it sufficient to just use the edition 10??

athrunkira

HSC
for me it's not necessary to get the new edition, coz there always no significant difference unless there is massive changes in accounting/business theories. what the author did usually in new edition is only changing the pages, adding/altering some information in which u can get it on your lecture notes. unless your book is 2 or 3 edition older, you have no option rather than to buy the new one.

lots of my friend still used old books and still get HD on their result. the outcome on your study is not based on the book you used, but the effort you put on your study.

ascentyx

HSC
For the econ111 and econ110 book just get the newest one in a pack (i wouldn't use older editions cause some of them are missing some topics etc). Also don't buy the stat171 book, i bought it and it was the biggest waste of money for me (never opened it).

Source: I'm a 2nd year acst and app fin student.

blackrider89

HSC
For ECON111 u will have 2 buy a new textbook, coz u guys will not use the Bernanke one any more. For ECON110, u can use the 1st edition. Only some more pages about Fiscal policy (not so useful at all) shouldn't be a big deal.

About STAT171 I have no idea.

sean1990

HSC
I think to some extent it matters.

You see, it all depends on whether or not its been "edited" or "re-badged".
Basically, if it has differences, you may need it depending on how significant they are, for example, law textbooks can change dramatically if the common law or statute changes, but if it doesnt, then it can stay the same for many years and editions.

Your best bet is probably to ask the tutor, but just make sure they didn't have a hand in writing the book or else u know what their answer will be.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
you can get them in a pack..i didnt see it at the co-op shop yesterday
For ECON111 u will have 2 buy a new textbook, coz u guys will not use the Bernanke one any more. For ECON110, u can use the 1st edition. Only some more pages about Fiscal policy (not so useful at all) shouldn't be a big deal.

About STAT171 I have no idea.
There is no pack since ECON111 no longer uses Bernanke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)