Textbook/Note Selling Discussion (1 Viewer)

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
Went to school today for sign out sheet and saw my friends and classmates selling their textbooks.

Never bought any textbooks during high school (don't believe in them), but my friend was too lazy to sell his, so I bought four of them for $20. By lunch I had sold all of them (was tough since one was a year 10 maths book and the other year 11) totaling at around $50.

Made $30 just selling some books and bundling in my English essays and creatives.

You guys making any money selling your notes and textbooks.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Hmmm.... I don't go to a competitive school tho and it's small so there isn't really a market.

Also according to ObliviousNinja I'm crap as I don't come first in any subjects so no one wants mine anyway.

xxcc

HSC
I sold some textbooks to yr 11's (not from my own school but). I didn't gain any profit since the textbooks were so expensive in the first place though..

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I never bought any, except cambridge 4u and eco.

Will keep them though as I hope that 4u is my basis maths level for the rest of my life and maybe do tutoring for it if I get e4.
Also, will keep eco as I won't touch that in uni, but might be a good backup in life later on.

Keeping phys and chem notes for next year.
Giving away notes I don't need to next year's teachers.

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
Hmmm.... I don't go to a competitive school tho and it's small so there isn't really a market.

Also according to ObliviousNinja I'm crap as I don't come first in any subjects so no one wants mine anyway.
Unlucky. People are willing to buy textbooks at my selective school. I mean I sold a year 9/10 mathematics book to a year 7 for $5.

Yeah, discussing my accelerated HSC marks and my current ranks really helped me sell some books. It helps to be doing well in studies when you're selling textbooks.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Unlucky. People are willing to buy textbooks at my selective school. I mean I sold a year 9/10 mathematics book to a year 7 for $5.

Yeah, discussing my accelerated HSC marks and my current ranks really helped me sell some books. It helps to be doing well in studies when you're selling textbooks.
That's the funny thing, you don't write the textbooks.

Instead, they should ask for your notes if you do well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)