Textbooks for UNSW Med (1 Viewer)

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
yewon! wow hi! whats doing? you getting excited yet?

Um on Embryo - I really like Moore's Embryo text book, rather than Larson's.

One book I use a lot these days also is the Google book on the Human Body.

On Grays - I saw a copy of a Grays anatomy book at Big W once about 5 years ago, before I realised that it was such a brilliant buy at $20 at the time, and so didnt buy it. Really regretting that now.
But yeah, its a good book, but its all online, and thus all free. And lex: because its all online, its actualyl a little more convenient... You can search, you can copy pictures... you can print stuff and draw and colour... sure beats the book...

I find that Moore's is still a little hefty, and you can get, especially for now, some smaller and simpler anat books that still have good descriptions of stuff, and simple information. Unfortunately also these seem to be the books that everybody else has and I really should have...

Pravski: when they say that 'this will be used instead of this', what the mean is: this is the book that we will sell because we get it cheaper now... It doesnt matter which book you learn out of, just so long as you like the one you use, because you will actually 'look' at it if you can understand the content... So you don't 'have' to buy the book because thats what they say will be used... Anyway, the anat lectures will be exactly the same as always in the past, and will already have all the information in them that you need pretty much.

doctordev

HSC
hi fosweb.

regarding your preference of moore over larsen for embryology.

Why? I just wanted to know before i commit to buying larsen

pravski

HSC
Fosweb said:
Pravski: when they say that 'this will be used instead of this', what the mean is: this is the book that we will sell because we get it cheaper now... It doesnt matter which book you learn out of, just so long as you like the one you use,
thanks mate, i'll shop around. And also, do you recommend that book "how to communicate with patients?" [dont know author]

Raises bat to the crowd, the half century has been achieved

Last edited:

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
Hey Michael, how could I not be excited? (Are you still at college this year?)

Pravski:
In terms of practical use, you're much better off just going and practising talking to patients.
There are a couple of chapters worth reading, and you'll need the book to do one particular assignment, but you're much better off borrowing it from somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)