textbooks (1 Viewer)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
where can we find out the textbook requirements for each of our courses? and when do we have to have textbooks by (roughly)?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i did that, but multiple results come up. how do i know which ones are compulsory and which are optional? also, when i typed in MATH1011 it didnt come up with anything except this :S

Institution: University Of Sydney - Sydney
Semester: 2010 First Semester
Course Code: MATH1011
Subject: Life Sciences Calculus
Lecturer: Ms Sandra Britton
Store: USYD
Comment: COURSE NOTES AVAILABLE FROM KO PY STOP

Last edited:

dafs2

HSC
Look at the status. if it says text, it's "compulsory", if it says recommended it's not. However don't buy your textbooks before uni starts unless you are 100% sure it is needed. Sometimes, the Co Op list says a book is a 'TEXT' however your lecturer may end up telling you it's not actually needed. Happened to me last year - i wasted $50.

Sometimes units dont have listings on the Co Op website. This usually means there might not be a textbook needed for the unit, you will probably receive a reader to purchase from the uni.

But don't worry.. just wait until your first lecture for your units, your lecturer will tell you exactly what you need.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
alright then :) i think ill just wait til my lectures! thanks

ddtng

HSC
i did that, but multiple results come up. how do i know which ones are compulsory and which are optional? also, when i typed in MATH1011 it didnt come up with anything except this :S

Institution: University Of Sydney - Sydney
Semester: 2010 First Semester
Course Code: MATH1011
Subject: Life Sciences Calculus
Lecturer: Ms Sandra Britton
Store: USYD
Comment: COURSE NOTES AVAILABLE FROM KO PY STOP
Maths notes aren't sold at Coop, but a different store called Kopy Stop. You'll get directions in the first lecture.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Textbooks or readers will either be available at

1) The Coop Book store
2) The Copy Centre (prepare for disgusting queues)
3) Kopy Stop in broadway.

As suggested. you need to wait till the first lecture to find out what's compulsory and what is just 'suggested' texts.

luckylollies

HSC
Do the Kopy Stop and the Copy Centre sell copies of actual textbooks for cheap? Or just random bits and pieces needed for lectures?
TIA :)

rx34

HSC
. Sometimes, the Co Op list says a book is a 'TEXT' however your lecturer may end up telling you it's not actually needed. Happened to me last year - i wasted $50.

But don't worry.. just wait until your first lecture for your units, your lecturer will tell you exactly what you need.
Hmmm, can't you just buy the textbooks you think you would need anyway, leave it unopened from its plastic wrap and return the book if you don't need it? I did it last year and saved on the queuing time. That way you won't waste any money but still can get your books fast (excluding the returning inconvenience).

Oh yes, here's a link for you guys who might be interested in buying secondhand books from the USYD SRC bookshop. However, they did not have current edition textbooks for my course.

Last edited:

rx34

HSC
Do the Kopy Stop and the Copy Centre sell copies of actual textbooks for cheap? Or just random bits and pieces needed for lectures?
TIA :)
Nope, they don't sell textbooks. They only sell the course readers and do copying/printing/binding services. So if you are doing Foundations this coming semester, you need to purchase the course reader from the Copy centre.

Last edited:
HSC
Textbooks or readers will either be available at

1) The Coop Book store
2) The Copy Centre (prepare for disgusting queues)
3) Kopy Stop in broadway.

As suggested. you need to wait till the first lecture to find out what's compulsory and what is just 'suggested' texts.
If anyone wants to avoid the "disgusting queues" at the Copy Centre, you can buy your notes online and walk straight to the front of the line to pick them up. So much quicker!

Shoom

HSC
N/A
WHen do they give us the links to buy our notes from?

HSC
WHen do they give us the links to buy our notes from?
If you're talking about buying the notes online, log in to MyUni, go to MyStudy, and click on the link down the bottom to log into Student Notes Online. Then you can select the notes for your courses and pay online.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
If you're talking about buying the notes online, log in to MyUni, go to MyStudy, and click on the link down the bottom to log into Student Notes Online. Then you can select the notes for your courses and pay online.
Thanks for that. I've bought them online now, how long does it generally take before I can pick them up? Or should I be able to pick them up tomorrow? It doesn't really give any indication of when and how to pick them up. Do I take the tax invoice it gave?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)