Thank you Bored of studies (1 Viewer)

Yallaby1

HSC
Thanks guys, during the stressful period of exams, it was nice to have a support network to come home to after exams and discuss how the exam went and trying to work out what i got right and wrong. its been an stressful yet amazing journey, it is trully a place where we hsc students can have a cry, laugh, help one another with study plans and stress releif. So thank you to everyone for making the hsc exam journey a supportive one!

Kelsey2

HSC
I disagree

1) The site is unrealiable as it was down most of the time in the past
2) All the old threads are gone
3) The resources have not been updated
4) Half the community are trolls.

The only reason it is viable is because there is no competitors.

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
I disagree

Quit complaining. You get it for free.

Last year during my HSC the site got h@cked by fags and was down for the whole HSC period.

Feel free to start your own forum that you can constantly update everyday for other hsc students.

jessxxr

HSC
I disagree

i disagree with you disagreeing
OP is just talking about his hsc year, and this year, bored of studies has been pretty good to us, it didn't go into a meltdown like before hsc exams or anything, and half the community are not trolls lolll which threads have you been looking at? mainly everyone's helpful around here, sure there is the minority that are just trolling, but if you ask a serious question you're sure to get a serious answer from at least one person, we don't need old threads because new ones are currently being created all the time, and if someone needs an answer they can just make a new thread and people are sure to help them however they can :) maybe you've had a negative experience here? i dnooo, but i think bored of studies has greatly helped many during this stressful time, including me

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
i disagree with you disagreeing
OP is just talking about his hsc year, and this year, bored of studies has been pretty good to us, it didn't go into a meltdown like before hsc exams or anything, and half the community are not trolls lolll which threads have you been looking at? mainly everyone's helpful around here, sure there is the minority that are just trolling, but if you ask a serious question you're sure to get a serious answer from at least one person, we don't need old threads because new ones are currently being created all the time, and if someone needs an answer they can just make a new thread and people are sure to help them however they can :) maybe you've had a negative experience here? i dnooo, but i think bored of studies has greatly helped many during this stressful time, including me
Agreed!

BoS has been brilliant! :) A truly wonderful resource and community for HSC students.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I disagree

I disagree.

1) It wasn't down *most* of the time in the past. The site was hacked last year and something like that is difficult to come back from given our circumstances and limited funds. A great deal of work has gone into getting things back up and a new administrator has been hired. Since the switch to the new server earlier this year things have been very stable.
2) No they're not. They've all been restored with the exception of threads during a one to two month period in 2010 (almost all of which have been replaced with more update to date threads)
3) This is also not true.
4) A slight exaggeration, however trolls are mostly confined to the non-school section and are dealt with quickly if they attempt to derail serious threads.

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I disagree

1. not really, only if you're trying to download hsc notes at the last minute
2. Who cares, barely anyone looked at most of the dead threads anyway, if they were important, just repost a thread with the same topic, its not so hard
3. Wrong
4. Not a bad thing, keeps it entertaining. Also most accusations of trolling are directed at legitimate posts by whiners who can't debate and resort to calling anyone who disagrees with them a troll

Magical Kebab

HSC
I disagree

You are most welcome to never come on this site if they are your views.

Thanks guys, during the stressful period of exams, it was nice to have a support network to come home to after exams and discuss how the exam went and trying to work out what i got right and wrong. its been an stressful yet amazing journey, it is trully a place where we hsc students can have a cry, laugh, help one another with study plans and stress releif. So thank you to everyone for making the hsc exam journey a supportive one!
Hope u have a great post-hsc life.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
I disagree

1 - Measures have been put in me personally to ensure the uptime of the site, when was the last time the site was totally down? It hasn't been down since you joined the site and even during the busiest times in BOS history I didn't notice the site slow down
2 - Again I personally spent large amounts of time restoring the threads from before the sites hacking (when I was not in control of the site)
3 - Resources are provided by the community and I can see a number of recently uploaded resources on the site.
4 - Mods work hard to eradicate trolls in the school sections of the forums although we're not perfect

Also I'm pretty sure there are a number of competitors sites out there

Yallaby1

HSC
thnx for the support yuall, love ya, and ill definately stay in touch with bod. :) have a good one

K

khorne

Just saying, but some trolls have a strict 50/50 policy of 1 serious post for every troll post...so even the trolls are alright.

Last edited by a moderator:

2011_

HSC
This site has been invaluable, keep up the great work!

Haemolymph

Banned
HSC
To add to OP:
It's been a bumpy ride BoS, we've had our good and bad days and our ups and downs and all of that, but I think it's time to say goodbye and after this year I probably won't be back. So, I'll catch you all later some day. :)

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
To add to OP:
It's been a bumpy ride BoS, we've had our good and bad days and our ups and downs and all of that, but I think it's time to say goodbye and after this year I probably won't be back. So, I'll catch you all later some day. :)
You'll be back. They all come back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)