The 2004 HSC - Ancient History Paper (1 Viewer)

Fungrys

*lookin for wgong maccas*
HSC
Personality - Caesar
Society - New Kingdom
Period - Rome to Fall of Republic
Society2 - Sparta

:D

Sparta was a turd though... I knew what I was talking about, just not enough sources

waterfowl

HSC
Personality: Julius Caesar
Society: Rome in the time of Cicero
Period 1: Fall of the Roman Republic
Period 2: New Kingdom Egypt till death of Thutmosis IV

I was happy with the questions, they weren't too dificult and I think I answered them well I think.
For Fall of the Republic I answered the question of the role of the Senate in the Fall and found it to be a good question.
For New Kingdom I answered the question on the political significance of the building programs. I think I waffled on a bit too much.

Now I get to study more of Rome ("Impact of Rome on the Provinces") for Extension tomorrow morning!

Vuki

HSC
Cleopatra VII
Roman society from Augustus to Titus
Fall of the Roman Republic
Augustus and the Julio Claudians

Pretty easy questions, aced all of them, my fall of the roman republic was a bit iffy but I still think I pulled a band 6.

After Modern and Ancient being this straightforward (anyone notice the fall of the republic pattern the last 4 years now - 2nd triumvirate, 1st triumvirate, 2nd triumvirate, 1st triumvirate?), I can only pray that the history exam setters continue the trend in my last exam tomorrow, fingers crossed :D.

waterfowl

HSC
Vuki said:
Cleopatra VII
Roman society from Augustus to Titus
Thats sneaky! All those topics kind of tie into each other! I thought they wouldn't have allowed topics so closely related in time, geography and politics.

mayhemily

HSC
yeah I did:

society - Sparta
society - Roman society from augustus to titus
period - Augustus and the julio-claudians
personality - Agrippina 2

I was reallllllllllly happy with the questions. They were nice and straightforward!

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Vuki said:
After Modern and Ancient being this straightforward (anyone notice the fall of the republic pattern the last 4 years now - 2nd triumvirate, 1st triumvirate, 2nd triumvirate, 1st triumvirate?), I can only pray that the history exam setters continue the trend in my last exam tomorrow, fingers crossed :D.
What's the bet they pull out some harshly obscure source with wording no one understands...oh well, *glass half full* *glass half full* *glass half full* I'm thinking positive.....

DeadFish

Cleopatra VII
Roman Society from Augustus to Titus
Augustus and the Julio-Claudians

The test was pretty straightforward but the family question in Roman Society kinda threw me off...I knew the stuff, just didn't any sources and I had to resort to name-dropping in the end...I had to fudge the Roman Republic question a bit but I'm looking at a big big improvement over my trial exam.

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
I thought the exam was pretty good.

Caesar questions were as expected, was able to have fun writing about his death 'This is violence!!' die bastard die!, muahahaha
Sparta was OK, kinda ran out of time and stuff to write about land inheritance. I mean, theres only so much you can write about the kleros etc
Fall of Rome was awesome!!! The first riumvirate Q was great, just what I wanted :D:D
Minoans, THANK GOD FOR RELIGION (haha, sorry about the pun there) but it was like the only part of society that I knew really really well :) :) *gives Potnia a high five*

Overall, a pretty good exam. Now onto extension for tomorrow...

Gemstone

I loved this exam. It was so good. There were a few questions in there that were the same as the ones I had in trials so that was good.

I did

Hatshepsut
Minoans
NK Egypt till the death of Thutmose IV
NK Egypt Amenhotp III to Ramesses II

All the questions were pretty straight forward and the essays I'd written similar ones heaps before. I think I'll do well.

Gemma

hashmere

HSC
N/A
i was just wondering if anyone could tell me if i did this right?

1.hatshepsut
2.old kingdom egypt
3.unification to 6
4.minoans

princess01

good good good!!!

Pericles
Roman society Augustus to Titus
Greek World 500 - 440 (i think...)
Augutus and the Julio Claudians

i thought it was pretty good. So straightfoward and predictable!!! Thankyou hsc question maker upperers!!! Im lucky really... have had a crappy teacher all year who didnt even finish teaching us the course, and i didnt study as well as i should have. Yet i still found this exam easier than the trials. So im pleased :eek:D

mugrug

Agrippina the younger
Sparta to battle of Leutra
Rome-Aug-titus

Fuck that was the best test i could have hoped for... I loved the HSc and now I'm finished! No more HSC

*parties*

mugrug

mayhemily said:
yeah I did:

society - Sparta
society - Roman society from augustus to titus
period - Augustus and the julio-claudians
personality - Agrippina 2

I was reallllllllllly happy with the questions. They were nice and straightforward!
We did the same topics! awesome combination, huh? Best questions ever. Go us!

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
THANK YOU BOARD OF STUDIES!!!

i seriously LOVED that test!! The questions were great!

Especially Augustus and Julio Claudians section III.. i was not expecting the question to be that easy, I was worried... but it all worked out and I'm so fucking glad Ancient is finally god damn over!!

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
mind your swearing young man!

anyway i agree, but you only found it easy either because you worked really hard or if your stupid, which i doubt. You worked hard thats why you found it easy, it paid off, well done.

nuffy

julio-claudians - pretty easy but i didn't do as well as i could have
athens society - easy
spartan additional society - not to bad but once again did't do as well as i could have
agrippina the younger - different question then expected but went pretty well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)