The 2004 HSC - General Mathematics Paper (1 Viewer)

ChRiS_2004

You got the trig question wrong because tan=o/a
You also got the question on the ellipse wrong you needed to halve the diametres of the ellipse so that they are semi major and semi minor..
You also got the probability question wrong as you needed to do (5/6*1/6)+(5/6*1/6) because you have two ways of having one 6 rolled and the other not if you understand what i mean. Thats all so far.

MadCow

I thought the paper was pretty good too although i still managed to stuff up a bit. I didnt do the 3rd part of the time zone world thingo. Couldnt remember how to do it. i got 11.4 bags for that question too and rounded it to 12. Left out 4 questions but went back in the last 20 mins and managed to get them all done except that one. Pretty proud of my effort. Hope everyone else went good too. That was my best paper yet

mugrug

I thought it was really basic and straight forward, nothing unexpected.

I took my time, tried not to rush it like I usually do (which leads to stupid mistakes) I finished 20 mins early, went back and fixed up a questions I screwed up (Q 27, the one with the home loan over 20 years... I missed the obvious and tried to use stupid formulae... silly me, fixed it though, just wasted some time.) Overall I'm very confident, 90+ no problem. Nothing that I couldn't do unless I was mistaken.

Yeah, I liked it. Good stuff.

mugrug

MadCow said:
I thought the paper was pretty good too although i still managed to stuff up a bit. I didnt do the 3rd part of the time zone world thingo. Couldnt remember how to do it. i got 11.4 bags for that question too and rounded it to 12. Left out 4 questions but went back in the last 20 mins and managed to get them all done except that one. Pretty proud of my effort. Hope everyone else went good too. That was my best paper yet
for each degree there are 60 nautical miles. 1 knot=1nm/hour. Ended up getting there in 44 hours or something from memory.

Well that's what i got, hope it's right =P

PC

HSC
N/A
But the 4 unit test had a mistake in it!

That's what made that paper harder! :)

pandora

HSC
yep, i got 44 hours as well, i think (and hope) its right

good and easy test, however, band 6 and band 5 will be really small, due to all the scores being high and so close together...

- probally only one of the bad things about the test!

mugrug

Well judging from my school most people who do general aren't too good at it so i'd say there'd be a big spread of marks overall. I mean the people who don't really care wouldn't be posting on this forum... the people here are obviously going to get higher marks (in general) because they put in the effort. So comparing ourselves to others on this forum is in no way a cross section of the candidature.

Well that's my logic anyway.

Farkette

HSC
mugrug: i agree

and another note Yesssssssssssssss easiest. paper. evar!
i finished 25min early, went back and looked at some multiple choices that had me in a pickle and checked shiat...

wasnt really things i didnt know, just some of the q's took a bit of thinking (wtf?) to get them.. sorta lol. (i mean i hope i got them)..

Last edited:

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
Maybe your school is full of idiots, or you go to punchbowl high.

wEe^Man

where to now??

stupid gen maths little mistakes there goes an easy 90 for a name in the paper oh well 84-87% is good enough with a 1st rank aint bad..i dont think..
how well that end up??

1MORE BRING ON RELIGION

vondutchladee

dreaded it

hey peepz, just want to clarify sumfin, i really didnt like that exam i had so much confidence beofr ethexam, whilst looking through the exam it looked pretty easy but then wen i got to answering i dont kno wat happened, but overall it sucked bigtime, i criedd at the end of that exma wen the ladies sed times up, a few of my frens cried as well as it was a freakin dspairing moment.

Stephagain

HSC
WHAT THE FUCK was that GNOME QUESTION???? That made absolutely NO SENSE to me at all!!! Or maybe im just a wee bit silly...also does anyone know if you get like amrked down or treated as a non serious attempt or whatever if you write stuff in the answers...like with the ice cream...his delicious ice cream can be arranged 6 ways..mmm yum *picture of an ice cream scooper*...i feel like i should be taking this mroe seriously...in my lear essay for english i ended saying i thought it was a bit shit and ive averaged 89 this year... oh well. Ha ha rae, like a wise friend once said "When we're ninety, and trying to get into a nursin home, theyre not gonna look at your hsc and be like ohhh, you got 68, we have a UAI cutoff of 75 in our nursing home. Sorry."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)