• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Abortion Debate... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Can we define health?

How healthy is it for a 14 year old girl to carry out pregnancy? (assuming that she had sex over 14 so we don't drag in legal issues) Her body might not be THAT mature, and emotionally and mentally, I assume incapable too, in a general sense.

Just wondering about your thoughts on that. Sorry if it's been raised before!
thats difficult too but the fact that they have periods at that age shoes they are atleast ready to make kids. not sure about giving birth but lots of them cope at that age as well as older women

Generator

HSC
N/A
lukebennett said:
yeha alot arent coping financially but thats not always what is most important. i certainly wouldnt as a fetus want ot die because my mother didnt have money. to me it is not an excuse to abort a child
But living in poverty is fine?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
As i've said before... many women who get abortions have plenty of money.
But, as I said before, where would many of them be if they followed through with an accidental pregnancy?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
Ooo Oooo Ooo I Have A Suggestion...maybe The Church Can Support Those Who Cant Afford Children! Yes Rich Christians Should Put Into A Fund So Poor People Dont Have To Have An Aborotion!

YOU UP FOR It mr Luke?

Put up all your money so some poor lady doesnt have to have an abortion!

you are forgetting i am only 18 so dont really have any money and btw my family has already supported several single mothers who have been struggling to support their children. i know heaps of poor single mothers who see there is no excuse to have an abortion because of financial reasons or any reason. their kids are brought up well wit good values and are as happy as any other child. they are not materialistic and they im sure are glad they were ALLOWED to be alive

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The church, christians have set up charities etc which support people struggling with children, they won't give payouts to everyone who says they're gunna have an abortion because then everyone would say they're gunna have an abortion and they're also probably worried about what people would spend it on.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
No no your parents!

In order to stop all aborotions christians should pay woman thinking of having abotions so they can have the baby!

Yes i mean...a poor mother is greedy when she has an abortion! Why not be a good christian and support with her...DONT BE GREEDY NOW CHRISTIANS!...you money is just as important as hers!
i would if i had the money. do you see the live of an unborn child as important at all to give money. by the sounds of it you dont care if they live. it shouldnt be a christian thing it shud be a whole community thing. i would have these beliefs christain or non christian. one of the mothers was having her third child whilst we supported them and she didnt need to have an abortion. she had struggled her whole adult life to pay her rent and bills. she still had her children cause they are part of what comes with sex and life. she never thought of killing them once. it might not be pure greed that makes women abort but it is selfishness. you cant just go around deciding who lives and who doesnt

a question for you. do you see A LIFE as important enough to have regardless of income

WHO EVER SAID IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF CHRISTIANS AND NOT YOU TOO?
DONT BE GREEDY

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Alot of women choose not to have children, then go to the various charities to get support for their children, alot of women also do.

How's about you pay for womens abortions instead of tax money?
How's about you end the life of every suffering creature because obviously it's better to die then to have a crappy life?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Asquithian said:
christians should pay woman thinking of having abotions so they can have the baby!
Why? The government does it already?

btw, asqy, you're going a little troppo in this thread :p

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
If your pro-choice why don't you get out there and sponsor the abortions yourself!
People who are pro-life don't want to spend their tax dollars on your cause.
It's your job to ensure she gets her abortion on demand, the money she doesn't want to part with.
In fact why stop there, kill all foetus's, because we all know that having children is terrible and inconveniences people's lives!
Stop sitting here calling people wrong! Go out there and make sure people's lives aren't inconvenienced by a child!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yes, but so do the people who don't want it. Besides that isn't enough, we pay tax to support single mothers... that obviously isn't enough according to you why should this be any different?
We need abortions all `round.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
well obviously the system isnt working! people are still having abortions! and foetuses are still dying! Do something! dont just sit there...save a foetus!

I like going troppo to make a point! like some of the people i nthis thread are making me go troppo
my point is you sound more pro death than pro life. im willing to help. you just sound opposed letting foetuses live.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
People are allowed to have abortions, but don't you think by your 4th-5th abortion maybe you need to do a bit more soul searching?

edit: Yes but you're forcing people who don't want others to have abortions to pay for those who do.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yes, and it's fine for them to have that choice but after their 4th-5th abortion would you still be happily giving up your tax payer dollars?
To a rich young girl who owns a brand new honda euro, screws around all the time unprotected and is using abortion as her contraceptive?

While i think the majority of abortions are fine there are alot that are simply disgusting to imagine people comming to that decision. Therefor we obviously need tighter restrictions, perhaps a limit on the ammount of public-funded abortions as a start.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i would just like to know why people should have the *choice* of whether a life should be able to exist or not. its no different to murder its just the law says otherwise. i only have a problem with this cause it seems the same as killing a born baby. you should not be sble to have a choice in the matter like you arent allowed to murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)