The Anime Thread (2 Viewers)

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
i had a look and it seems pretty generic, but ill give it a watch
Good. Now watch it with an open mind and don’t start making assumptions, because it’ll ruin your experience through your potential build up of an ego against it.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
I’ve seen a video of people walking past an fbi recruitment in an anime convention.
The fact that the US government is relying on delusional but potentially passionate, or simply meme-obsessed, weebs to sign up for these important positions, makes me very concerned just how desperate the USA is at this moment of time for defence and offence.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I’ve seen a video of people walking past an fbi recruitment in an anime convention.
The fact that the US government is relying on delusional but potentially passionate, or simply meme-obsessed, weebs to sign up for these important positions, makes me very concerned just how desperate the USA is at this moment of time for defence and offence.
tbf this is reserves

the bar is pretty low for reserves because they're not the primary force

Interdice

HSC
I'm watching an anime where the MC falls in love with a 8-9 year old lolicon, whom he kills in the end because she becomes too retarded.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm watching an anime where the MC falls in love with a 8-9 year old lolicon, whom he kills in the end because she becomes too retarded.
LOL! That sounds believable enough.
What’s it called?

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
Took it way out of context. but Plastic Memories lol. It had really good potential, but became garbage
I kept dropping that because I would get distracted and forget to continue watching the rest of it.
The reason why I kept being told to give it a chance is because it’s sad.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
But speaking of little girls dying, without the dying part, have you watched no game no life?

Interdice

HSC
I kept dropping that because I would get distracted and forget to continue watching the rest of it.
The reason why I kept being told to give it a chance is because it’s sad.
It's disapointing. It starts good but turns into a generic romcom. Very sad.

Also it's setting is weird. It's set in Singapore, but they still speak Japanese. Also is wild how all the charecters are technically Chinese and not Japanese lol. Also no Indians or Malaysians, despite them making up like 30-40 percent of Singapore population lol.

Also look at this. Pretty interesting

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
It's disapointing. It starts good but turns into a generic romcom. Very sad.

Also it's setting is weird. It's set in Singapore, but they still speak Japanese. Also is wild how all the charecters are technically Chinese and not Japanese lol. Also no Indians or Malaysians, despite them making up like 30-40 percent of Singapore population lol.

Also look at this. Pretty interesting
YOOO!!! WHAT! I’VE BEEN GOING TO THAT TRAIN STATION 3 DAYS A WEEK AND DIDN’T KNOW THIS??!

Interdice

HSC
YOOO!!! WHAT! I’VE BEEN GOING TO THAT TRAIN STATION 3 DAYS A WEEK AND DIDN’T KNOW THIS??!
It's sad that there aren't animes set in Sydney. There are animes set in New York, Berlin, probably London, Singapore but never Sydney.

Like Sydney has one of the highest brand values in the world and Australia is one of the most immigrated to places. I'm sure that Japanese people and the overseas audience would love to see an anime in Sydney. I'd kill for an anime in Sydney high school, or a sydney university.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
It's sad that there aren't animes set in Sydney. There are animes set in New York, Berlin, probably London, Singapore but never Sydney.

Like Sydney has one of the highest brand values in the world and Australia is one of the most immigrated to places. I'm sure that Japanese people and the overseas audience would love to see an anime in Sydney. I'd kill for an anime in Sydney high school, or a sydney university.
We are definitely lacking soft power in regards to inspiring characteristics.
Japan has anime, Korea has k-pop, new-york has/had the American dream, China has history, and India has spirituality.
Australia has ugly animals and killer insects and snakes.
I don’t think we are that attractive, and are rather more obscure.

Interdice

HSC
We are definitely lacking soft power in regards to inspiring characteristics.
Japan has anime, Korea has k-pop, new-york has/had the American dream, China has history, and India has spirituality.
Australia has ugly animals and killer insects and snakes.
I don’t think we are that attractive, and are rather more obscure.
Australia is a VERY popular country relative to its size. Australia is more popular than every European country except Germany, UK, and France. Australia has more soft power than you think. Everyone knows the sterotyipical Australian. The sterotypical Australian is very popular worldwide and has a good repuation. Being Australia is considered sexually attractive for some reason. We got lots of soft power. We got more soft power among the Asian countries whom consider us prime countries to move into, because of less violence and close proximity.

I read somewhere that Sydney's brand value was 5th in the world. List goes London, NYC, Paris, LA, Sydney, Singapore, Tokyo. Sydney has a higher brand value than Tokyo. People would rather go to Sydney than Tokyo. Personally i don't know why. Sydney is the most boring city in the world, Singapore is better in almost every way, but people love Sydney for some reason.

Also you gotta think about this from a Japanese perspective. Anime are made for Japanese people first, weebs second. Korea is not very popular in Japan. It will probably be when the boomers die, but it isn't now. Seoul didn't even get a mario kart 8 deluxe track and fucking bangkok and mandrid did for some reason. Korea never got a pokemon region. Japan wouldn't want to promote Chinese culture because of geopolitical conflicts and WW2. India isn't disliked by the Japanese, but it certainly isn't liked either. India no longer is considered spiritual. That went with the British lmao. USA already has tons of influence in anime. Many animes have american charecters and a few are set in american cities.

However Australia has a lot of untapped potential honestly. Australian culture and identity would be a very interesting theme to explore. There are many Asians in Australia. The Japanese are more interested in Australia than most places. Having an anime with Indian, Chinese, White, Black, Muslim charecters would be very interesting and it would only be possible in Australia.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
Australia is a VERY popular country relative to its size. Australia is more popular than every European country except Germany, UK, and France. Australia has more soft power than you think. Everyone knows the sterotyipical Australian. The sterotypical Australian is very popular worldwide and has a good repuation. Being Australia is considered sexually attractive for some reason. We got lots of soft power. We got more soft power among the Asian countries whom consider us prime countries to move into, because of less violence and close proximity.

I read somewhere that Sydney's brand value was 5th in the world. List goes London, NYC, Paris, LA, Sydney, Singapore, Tokyo. Sydney has a higher brand value than Tokyo. People would rather go to Sydney than Tokyo. Personally i don't know why. Sydney is the most boring city in the world, Singapore is better in almost every way, but people love Sydney for some reason.

Also you gotta think about this from a Japanese perspective. Anime are made for Japanese people first, weebs second. Korea is not very popular in Japan. It will probably be when the boomers die, but it isn't now. Seoul didn't even get a mario kart 8 deluxe track and fucking bangkok and mandrid did for some reason. Korea never got a pokemon region. Japan wouldn't want to promote Chinese culture because of geopolitical conflicts and WW2. India isn't disliked by the Japanese, but it certainly isn't liked either. India no longer is considered spiritual. That went with the British lmao. USA already has tons of influence in anime. Many animes have american charecters and a few are set in american cities.

However Australia has a lot of untapped potential honestly. Australian culture and identity would be a very interesting theme to explore. There are many Asians in Australia. The Japanese are more interested in Australia than most places. Having an anime with Indian, Chinese, White, Black, Muslim charecters would be very interesting and it would only be possible in Australia.
I wonder why it is they prefer Australia then? From an insider’s perspective, I do agree that this place is very boring, but there must be a lot of international content that for us at the intra-national front just aren’t paying attention to for some reason.

Maybe the things that draw our attention are different to the rest of the worlds, in which case our standard of inspiration must be either really high, alien, or our country lacks inspiration entirely to the point that everyone is lost - in respect to national identity, rather than what draws our attention to OTHER countries, because that does happen, but that’s mostly because there is SOMETHING to identify over there, whether through media or actual culture.

Interdice

HSC
I wonder why it is they prefer Australia then? From an insider’s perspective, I do agree that this place is very boring, but there must be a lot of international content that for us at the intra-national front just aren’t paying attention to for some reason.

Maybe the things that draw our attention are different to the rest of the worlds, in which case our standard of inspiration must be either really high, alien, or our country lacks inspiration entirely to the point that everyone is lost - in respect to national identity, rather than what draws our attention to OTHER countries, because that does happen, but that’s mostly because there is SOMETHING to identify over there, whether through media or actual culture.
Americans prefer australia because they don't know what it is. Americans genuinely believe we all speak in funny accents and go kangaroo hunting. They attach the image of hypermasculinity to us for a misguided reason. Americans don't know much about the outside world however. Asians on the other hand just see us as a nice place to live. Nothing more.

We have no culture. It's sad but true. However our country is truly great, even though it's boring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)