The Anime Thread (7 Viewers)

funniboi

HSC
lol
yeah im still waitin for lunar to release bleach 32

*sighs*

the good ones always take a while , for naruto im waitin for aone.

hahahahha, worth the wait i reckon. since i'm a collector and i dont just watch it and delete it.

tempco

HSC
pft, so not worth the wait. well, i'm not a collector, so yeh. i delete as i go :D

funniboi

HSC
lol yeah but i like to keep to the same thing.
just like my bleach is from lunar and initiald is liveevil and ideology..

anyway, naruto 260..
FUCK!! how good was that?
naruto doing the Oodama Rasengan!! SHITTTT ahhahahahaha man, it ended way tooo fast tho.. *sigh* just like naruto has improved, kakashi has too..great to see :D

sniper_m4a1

HSC
N/A
yey thanx all, got everythin i wanted
n i know naruto 260 soooo good n exciting!!!
does nebody know if one piece is good? like worth me dl it all
i'm a collector aswell well sorta i keep all da anime n stuff i dl which is y i'm all ways short on blank cds

sniper_m4a1

HSC
N/A
well i would but i dun have a dvd burner n i dun have time/dunno where to go since i live in a hole (australia) to get da proper dvds to da anime but i will b gettin a dvd burner soon...hopefully

sniper_m4a1

HSC
N/A
well i do know where to get dem but i dun have cash plus its easier to just dl da eps so yeah

tempco

HSC
i know.... australia just plain sucks when it comes to anime dvds.

and anyway, most of the eps you're downloading aren't even going to be out on dvd for quite some time.

sniper_m4a1

HSC
N/A
true meh
i think i just went ova my internet limit thingy
dammit internets gonna b slow as hell for da rest of da month now
eh i'll just spend my time watchin everythin i dl ^^

funniboi

HSC
ive been to afew anime stores that sell dvd animes
rofl
i wouldnt buy it.. so yeh. :p

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
The reason that it takes so long is becasue it has to be produced in japan then shipped to the USA and then Englished subbed and subbed, then has to be shipped here and madman has to produce covers and edit the american subtitles.

I have to say be downloading anime off the internet you are just robbing the hard working people in japan , and trust me they get shit all for their work just the companies. By downlaoding you are putting people out of work and hence creating less anime. Think about it for a second.

The only exception to this is naruto seen as it probably will never be avaiable here anyway.

From japan to here it would take about 1.5 - 2years give or take.

If we could shorten that time it would be good

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ok, first things first, that is totally a misconceived perception of the Japanese Industry.

It is hardly EVER the japanese company which initiates the legal proceedings for breaches, why? because the industry is in boom, and will always be for the foreseeable future within their domain of Japan.

You are not robbing them of anything, the artists are not subjected to shit jobs, initially as small time they will be, but anime is completely different, since they are under contracts and in most cases the original artists dont do shit with it, its merely rights they sign over.

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
True, they maybe in a boom , but by downloading of the internet your eating into their profits and as soon as the boom is over ( which may come some day, who know when), then everyone will say " But they were in a boom, why did they colapse?"

In the short run they might be ok, but in the long run it might spell doom for them.

And anyways maybe the companies in japan are doing nothing, but the hong Kong government is( I know different country, but meh)

From Anime News Service
On January 26th Hong Kong customs officers raided and shut down a group suspected of manufacturing and selling pirated DVD's. A cache of 24,000 DVD's was seized, valued at 600,000 HK dollars ($78,000 USD) in Kowloon and Shatin. Arrests included 2 men and 2 women aged between 28 and 43 years. They are suspected to be the group's core members. After customs had executed a thorough investigation, the raid was authorized and occured at 4 PM on a Guantang goods warehouse, where 23,000 Japanese Animation DVD's were found, estimated to be worth 575,000 HK dollars. A later raid occured at a Shatin area location where a batch of suspected bootleg DVD's was scheduled to ship to America via aerial cargo transport. 10,000 Japanese Animation and Hong Kong Movie DVDs, valued at 250,000 HK dollars was seized. Hong Kong's Copyright Law states that any person found guilty of engaging in this sort of of piracy could face 4 years in prison and a 50,000 HK dollars fine.

Well have you been to japan????

Last edited:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Yeah the hard working people of Japan love whales. They love them so much they're breaching international law to catch them, kill them and turn them into sushi.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Also the rape of Nanking, treatment of Australian POWs and invasion of some pacific islands.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
I have been to japan....there is such a cool anime culture over there. We went to Tower Records and met Katsuhiro Otomo at the opening of "Steamboy" on DVD! Got his autograph and everything :D:D:D SOOOO cool!
ABout all this crap you guys are talking about....the japanese are such nice people, in general. there are always exceptions, but to generalise like some of you are....not cool. I reckon most would be fine with the downloading of DVD's etc....their main market isnt overseas, it is in Japan, and DVD burning is not as common over there.

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
demosthenes said:
I have been to japan....there is such a cool anime culture over there. We went to Tower Records and met Katsuhiro Otomo at the opening of "Steamboy" on DVD! Got his autograph and everything :D:D:D SOOOO cool!
ABout all this crap you guys are talking about....the japanese are such nice people, in general. there are always exceptions, but to generalise like some of you are....not cool. I reckon most would be fine with the downloading of DVD's etc....their main market isnt overseas, it is in Japan, and DVD burning is not as common over there.
Might be so, but they are just letting people steal there profits that could be used to invest in new equipment, etc. But its up to them really, it anit my money.

I have nothing against japan ( except the whale hunting, which it very debateable even though it is part of their culture).

What I can not believe about people is that they still hate them for what they did in the past. Cmon, they are sorry for what they did and let us just move on with our lives. If people continue to dewl on the past then we will never move forward.

Last edited:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
No I was making a point. You think people downloading their anime is SUCH a BIG issue. It isn't. Whale hunting is a big issue, war crimes are a big issue. Downloading fansubbed anime IS NOT A BIG ISSUE! So get over it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)