• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Anime Thread (1 Viewer)

funniboi

HSC
i think it just follows from FMP, as some1 said before, and doens't follow from FMP:F

so i thikn you should watch FMP first...

tempco

HSC
fair enough. from what i've seen, it's an action/comedy anime, right?

hrm checked it up on animenfo. sounds ok. *goes off to find the 2~3 gig torrent file.

Last edited:

funniboi

HSC
fumoffu is basically all comedy and shit

but fmp is just sorta half half. rofl. so yeah, it's was an ok anime, nothing too great about it from me, out of 10 i give it about 7. :)

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
Some more fansubbing comparisons for TSR: link

I might have a go at Destiny (cannot be bothered getting all three and assess them), however-- once a good well-known fansub group picks up this anime, I'm with them all the way..

I just need arm this computer against the H.264 (MPEG-4 AVC) codec. It crashed a friend's computer over AIM.. (note: H.264 requires more computing power than XviD or DivX codecs; download the latest VLC player and you should be fine)

Last edited:

sniper_m4a1

HSC
N/A
eh haven't got time lately to watch all da anime i want.....i'm just stickin with naruto n bleach for now if i watch nemore i'll get too addicted lol n i can't get addicted to too many lol

Spikeru

St. Mère Église church tower, danglin....
HSC
I can't wait until virtual reality becomes reality. At that point I will begin to *REALLY* like Pokemon and Sailor Moon. Mmmmmmmmmm Jessy, Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny..... Misty.

Aside from such horrible thoughts, I love Cowboy Bebop. It comes close to being my idea of a perfect anime series. It has managed to define my aspirations (YES, I want to be a blue suited.. Jeet Kune Do'ing, frissy haired Bounty Hunter.)

I also like everything else, Ghost in The Shell, Akira, Evangelion, Animatrix (partic- Detective Story) and a mix of everything. I would like to see more of Full Metal Panic, as I have only watched a coupla episodes. Guess it's a job for good ol' Limewire.

For some reason, I find Japanese Military Mecha very lacklustre, nothing really has the balls to satisfy. Metal Gear Solid comes close. I prefer the Western version of every Japanese Mecha Anime..... BATTLETECH!!

Anyone know of it?

tempco

HSC
Spikeru said:
For some reason, I find Japanese Military Mecha very lacklustre, nothing really has the balls to satisfy. Metal Gear Solid comes close. I prefer the Western version of every Japanese Mecha Anime..... BATTLETECH!!

Anyone know of it?
how so? evas were the coolest mechas, like ever.

and yes, i watched battletech. cool 3d green grids that kept popping up... guess they didn't have the cging skills to design backgrounds. :rolleyes:

Spikeru

St. Mère Église church tower, danglin....
HSC
Eva's were organic and therefore not technically mecha. But certainly good all the same.

I wasn't referring to the TV Show which to be honest... is utter rubbish. It just goes to prove the Americans can't animate. Battletech began as a tabletop strategy game. It spawned an incredibly rich Sci-Fi universe that gave rise to countless novels and the Mechwarrior RPG (followed by the Mechwarrior PC games). I would love to see an Anime version of Battletech (Heavy Gear would do well too).

tempco

HSC
Spikeru said:
Eva's were organic and therefore not technically mecha. But certainly good all the same.
well, i must say i'm not a fan of any of the gundam mechas. well, the mechas i've seen anyway. teknoman (organic too, i guess) was awesome too.

Spikeru said:
I wasn't referring to the TV Show which to be honest... is utter rubbish. It just goes to prove the Americans can't animate. Battletech began as a tabletop strategy game. It spawned an incredibly rich Sci-Fi universe that gave rise to countless novels and the Mechwarrior RPG (followed by the Mechwarrior PC games). I would love to see an Anime version of Battletech (Heavy Gear would do well too).
oh cmon, how could a ten your old not like the 3d scenes of battletech?

and as for an anime version of battletech/heavy gear, i'd like to see that too. too many soapy animes these days.

tempco

HSC
BLEACH 41 WAS TEH BOMB!

FINALLY, some progress. ichigo's pretty good and all, but he still has a long way to go before he can fight rukia's step-brother. i never thought i'd say this... YORUICHI IS SO CUTE :D

funniboi

HSC
*sigh* im capped, and yet to see bleach 41.

yeh naruto is getting too well known now... at first i thought it'd be great for everyone to watch it and enjoy it like i did, but now its just turned into another 'pokemon' kinda thing.
:s

plus, those filler eps we get now are fucken gay. when will it start to folow the manga to kakashi's gaiden!!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!! :(

sniper_m4a1

HSC
N/A
yeah....its sorta startin to drag on...naruto i mean sorta wish it'd just get it dun properly/actually follow most of da manga.....but i still watch it lol

tempco

HSC
some random cosplays i found on the net:

peacemaker kurogane (awesome anime):

fullmetal alchemist (hughes):

some random hot costume:

that's a pretty big sword:

FRONT VIEW PRZ:

naruto (haku + zabuza):

Pokute-san

≧∀≦
HSC
nekkid said:
some random cosplays...
cosplays are cool especially ones that the cosplayer had made themselves instead of simple buying them. The Animania 2004 sucked tohugh, becasue there were too many Naruto cosplayers and I'm sick of naruto now.

I used to really erm admire and like Itachi when he first came out and as I remember, i told my friends about how he's so cool as a villain. The friend was then teasing about his appearance. Then, after 7months, Itachi became a popular character. Gawd that sucks. Popular character aren't good. Same with Bleach and FMA. Not good not good.

Well, lucky the anime's getting boring with those fillers. Hope that will turn fans crazy.

FLCL and Serial Experiments Lain are still the best.

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
funniboi said:
edit; i can't really tell which 1 is better but i think the first 1 is.. just want everyones feedback before i start downloading this, in like.. a few weeks. so yeah.. which 1 does every1 else thing is the best?
IMHO, Anime-Keep. Anime-Shrine has the best raw quality though.

Last edited:

sniper_m4a1

HSC
N/A
yeah, does neone know where i could dl FCLC i've been thinkin of dl for a while now

funniboi

HSC
FLCL was really really weird.

at least not many people have seen beck ! beck is totally awesome.

hunter x hunter in my opinion was better then naruto. i loved it, every bit of it.

but yeah, thats just me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)