The Anime Thread (1 Viewer)

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
parasyte is really good and if you want something similar to those, watch akame ga kill and tokyo ghoul
Already watched akame ga kill, forgot to mention it. As well as Tokyo ghoul. I'll try out parasyte, thanks!

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Seeming that the new season is starting and all, what is everyone thinking of watching?

I'm personally looking at Arslan Senki, Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?, Gintama°,
Koukaku Kidoutai Arise: Alternative Architecture and Fate Stay Night UBW Season 2.

Best show of last season was Parasyte by a large margin.

My hype cannot be contained <3

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Looking forward to Re-Kan and gonna enter into the horror genre when I have time.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Im digging serial experiments lain so far even though it's quite abstract and difficult to get a hold of in terms of knowing exactly what is going on

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Higarashi

And there's a new one about vampires that I haven't bothered learning the name of.

But I usually don't like gory stuff so I put off Parasyte.
Hiragashi is quite good as it doesn't go too far into the gory stuff. Parasyte is definitely worth watching when you get the time, while it can be gory at times it's an excellent show. One of my few 9/10's

I quite enjoy going into different genre's of anime (In the last 6 months i have taken quite the liking to sports anime) but horror has never quite clicked with me (I do believe that horror is one of the few genre's that the west can do better)

Im digging serial experiments lain so far even though it's quite abstract and difficult to get a hold of in terms of knowing exactly what is going on
It took me 3 re-watches to gain any idea of what was happening in that show, it wasn't bad none the less though.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Oh yeah I gotta start Shinsekai Yori, I've been tempted not to google it because I know I will love the show.

youngsky

poof
HSC
On a roll with sports animes, finished Yowamushi Pedal seasons 1 and 2, Haikyuu, Over Drive, now onto Kuroko no Basket season 3 :haha:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Steins;Gate is my favourite anime of all time. You should watch it, it's brilliant.

After the halfway point you won't be able to stop.

Vision

HSC
Just finished watching SAO 2 and Shingeki no Kyojin: Kuinaki Sentaku (A choice with no regrets - OVA 2).

Absolutely loved the crap out of SAO 2, bar the Calibur arc. Gun Gale Online I thought was amazing. Initially I didn't think they'd be able to pull me in with an FPS game but I was fortunately proven wrong. The only thing which bothered me slightly from this arc was the use of light sabers/swords - I was expecting Kirito to learn how to use Glocks/Five-Sevens/AWPs/Hecate II etc since it was an FPS game after all. That being said, it may have been unrealistic given the time frame and the level he'd need to attain to even match Death Gun (with respect to guns, not swords). Calibur...let's skip that ahah... Now Mother's Rosario. Holy shit. That was such a good arc, I was on a massive feels trip. There's nothing else for me to say really, except that I liked how the protagonist shifted from Kirito to mainly Asuna which was refreshing and I fucking love Sinon (I forgot to add that earlier, woops!).

As for Shingeki no Kyojin: Kuinaki Sentaku, I was quite disappointed. Don't get me wrong, if you haven't read the manga, it is a pretty decent episode. However, having read the manga, I felt that the episode left a lot of the more, for lack of a better word, interesting (?) scenes. For instance, SPOILER (Highlight for it): The episode only showed the dead bodies of Farlen and Isabel, whilst the manga actually showed how they died and their dialogue which was very touching yet devastating. With that said, I liked how Levi finally expressed some raw emotion as opposed to his usual stone face :)

Anyways, that's the end of my little review. Fingers crossed for SAO 3: Alicisation to be released next year! I've heard it is the longest and most promising arc yet. Also, I hope Agil gets more lines hahaha - I love that guy.

Upcoming anime in the holidays:
- Log Horizon (Brother has been saying it's really good, cheers for the suggestion Katsumi)
- Angel Beats
- Steins;Gate
- Code Geass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)