The Best (non-classical) Game Ever (1 Viewer)

shiny

The Shiny One
HSC
N/A
Guys, I just wana know what games made it for you. Anytime within the emergence of video cards till now, really.

I would have to say my ultimate favourite game would be Deus Ex. It had a plot that literally left me speechless whenever someone brought it up. Its detail to history, religion, politics, and philosophy are bar none. An absolutely flawless plot and relevant backup too. I swear if they end up release Deus Ex on film, they had better not fuck it up, basing it on shitty action scenes.
It would be very nice if they published it as a novel *drools*

Gameplay is excellent because of the plot, graphics were mighty fine for its time. But the AI is so stupid you could pat em on the head 3 times before they turned around. Features are tops. I love Deus Ex. When I get my new system, the first thing I'm gona install is DX2 mwuahahahaha

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
I would say old-school RPG Planescape Torment was the best game in living memory, simply because of its gripping, witty and hillarious story. In it you are "The Nameless One", accompanied by a smartarse floating skull known as Morte. You don't know who you are, where you are, or what you're supposed to do, and so you wonder through the game which is bloody huge. It is a very low-res baldur's gate style rpg, and hence the graphics aren't good, but the story more than makes up for it.

"What Can Change the Nature of a Man?"

shiny

The Shiny One
HSC
N/A
dritz2003 said:
I would say old-school RPG Planescape Torment was the best game in living memory, simply because of its gripping, witty and hillarious story. In it you are "The Nameless One", accompanied by a smartarse floating skull known as Morte. You don't know who you are, where you are, or what you're supposed to do, and so you wonder through the game which is bloody huge. It is a very low-res baldur's gate style rpg, and hence the graphics aren't good, but the story more than makes up for it.

Rofl. Smartarse floating skull? Sounds very much like Murray from the Monkey Island series. I love Murray... He's one of the funniest game characters I've ever come across XD

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
starcraft and the brood war expansion

also the the diablo series....

blizzard games are the best.....

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
dritz2003 said:

ahaha Planescape coolest game ever. But i'm still a fallout man. Fallout 1 and 2 are my all time fave games. Old school RPGs kick ass.

shiny

The Shiny One
HSC
N/A
Diablo 2 and its expansion kept me happy for a very long time. 3 times.
Unreal tournament twice, and GTA: Vice City twice as well. Great games.

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
Tusitula said:
ahaha Planescape coolest game ever. But i'm still a fallout man. Fallout 1 and 2 are my all time fave games. Old school RPGs kick ass.
Haven't played fallout.. but I've played all the Baldur's gate series.. including icewind dale & neverwinter nights (that's like 10 games haha) Planescape ROCKS THE CASBAH though, I don't know why they haven't made a sequel!

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
I've always loved Quake 3.
I love Madden NFL 2004, and NFSU ruled.
NWN kicked ass.
All time, probably Deus Ex. Like Shiny, I was in shock the whole time I played it, so immersive.

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
you heard about interplay? Black isle studios developed Planescape and Fallout and then Interplay decided to close the Black isle. THat means planescape is in limbo (they were apparently going to make a sequel). Now Interplay is in the shitter and theres no hope.

Fallout 3 is now being made by bethseda and project to be released next october.

as a fellow planescape fan you have to play fallout man. its deeper than PT and more funnier (on an adult level)

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
Tusitula said:
you heard about interplay? Black isle studios developed Planescape and Fallout and then Interplay decided to close the Black isle. THat means planescape is in limbo (they were apparently going to make a sequel). Now Interplay is in the shitter and theres no hope.

Fallout 3 is now being made by bethseda and project to be released next october.

as a fellow planescape fan you have to play fallout man. its deeper than PT and more funnier (on an adult level)
Yeah maybe I will play fallout, I got some time now I have finished exams. I know about Black isle, but they had a while to make one and they didn't, what a shame I guess it wasn't that popular, pity cos its the best RPG!

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
interplay fucked up so many gamers lives including mine. Black Isle made so many good games, it was the heart of the company. i hope they all burn.

Assasinator_2

HSC
FF7
Ultima Online
Halflife + Mods (CS *hides from evil flamers*, DOD, TFC, NS)
Total Annihilation
Dark Reign
Red Alert (original)
Quake series

fuck me, so many.

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
Assasinator_2 said:
CS *hides from evil flamers*
Nice try... you can't hide! CS = played by 5 year olds, unrealistic, spectator = yuck watching n00bs run round and round, based on the original half life (OLD), filled with tools who camp, and p3plz w40 5p333k 11k3 7h15 OMG 0wn3d!!!!!!!!
*goes back to playing CS*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)