The Best (non-classical) Game Ever (1 Viewer)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
there are som many different genres

for first person shooter / adventure - half life (single player)
rpg - diablo 2 (though soon to be world of warcraft)
puzzle game - monkey island (all of em) (even the first on on dodgy floppy discs)
flying simulation - USAF
RTS - total annihaltion and Rome: total war
driving simulation - need for speed 3: hot pursuit
online - counterstrike

i dunno wat else is there

farcry was very cool

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Such a hard question.

Gran Turismo series as far as NON-PC racers go.
ICO gets most underrated game ever award, as well as the most emotional game.
Diablo2 gets a prize for addictiveness, i wasted more time than i care to think about on it.
RPG goes to FF7, even though it is very short (for a Final Fantasy) it effected me emotionaly more than any game (bar ICO) and invokes powerful nostalgia. Best game ever? Perhaps.
Metal Gear Solid very short, only lasted about 10 play-throughs, but the first time through it was utterly involving unlike anything else (bar ICO).
Pro Evolution Socccer series gets best sports game EASILY, utterly brilliant.

In total, i would say ICO, simply because it is just so special, if you havent played it before, do so now, you must, do it in a dark room late at night, utterly surreal and touching.

mack

Banned
HSC
Baldurs Gate and it's expansions was one of the most addictive for me. Hours upon hours were spent on it. Diablo 2 was great too but the graphics on mine looked nothing like what was on the box or in magazines.....all the characters seemed really pixelated.

Silent Hill was pretty good too, I enjoyed it more than the Resident Evil series, it was just so damn creepy.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
mack said:
Baldurs Gate and it's expansions was one of the most addictive for me. Hours upon hours were spent on it. Diablo 2 was great too but the graphics on mine looked nothing like what was on the box or in magazines.....all the characters seemed really pixelated.

Silent Hill was pretty good too, I enjoyed it more than the Resident Evil series, it was just so damn creepy.

Did you turn on D3D mode? Hahaha. Horribly addictive game... horrible.

scruffy012

HSC
yeah currently Morrowind : Game of the year edition on Xbox, but my fav all time fav when i was in primary school was decent, having a massive 20 player IPX was awsome, now thats something everybodys gotta experience... bloody lasers and mega missile going off everywhere....

well thats me

scruffy

lengstar

HSC
Pokemon Gameboy Titles
The Sims 2
Black and White
TIE Fighter
Diablo 2
Starcraft + Broodwars
Civilisation III
Alpha Centauri

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
x-men vs. street fighter

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
shiny said:
Guys, I just wana know what games made it for you. Anytime within the emergence of video cards till now, really.

I would have to say my ultimate favourite game would be Deus Ex. It had a plot that literally left me speechless whenever someone brought it up. Its detail to history, religion, politics, and philosophy are bar none. An absolutely flawless plot and relevant backup too. I swear if they end up release Deus Ex on film, they had better not fuck it up, basing it on shitty action scenes.
It would be very nice if they published it as a novel *drools*

Gameplay is excellent because of the plot, graphics were mighty fine for its time. But the AI is so stupid you could pat em on the head 3 times before they turned around. Features are tops. I love Deus Ex. When I get my new system, the first thing I'm gona install is DX2 mwuahahahaha
Deus Ex was a really great game, but i have to admit that all three endings for it sucked dick majorly

Dumbarse

master system 2 - alex the kidd the built in game

also alex kidd in shinobi world

actually master system had alotta bullsh8t games

damn, nothing even comes close to those games these days

less is more when it comes to a quality game

2nd place, new skool games metal gear, silent hill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)