The Best R&B/Rap/Hip-Hop for 2006 (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
'the shining' album by j dilla with numerous guest appearances leaked, and GOD DAMN, i am definently buying this, everyone needs to buy this, hip hop needs this record. Every track is quality and the beats are amazing.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
I'm gettin The Roots and J-Dilla albums as we speak. The J-Dilla one sounds promising.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
oh redrum, 'game theory' lives up to the hype, i've still gotta listen to the album more but its a very good album.

the pharrel album SUCKS, i was expecting good mainstream guest apperances like slim thug, T.I, lil wayne, clipse...got the clipse (well pusha t - his on one of the only good songs on the album) and slim thug and they kill it but the album fkn sucks, and the song with jay-z SUCKS and jay spits a mediocre verse too.

pharrel = GAY, stick to making beats, preferably for N.O.R.E , T.I, slim thug and clipse because they always kill neptunes beats.

P.S: WHOOP THAT TRICK!! GET EM!!!!!!!!

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
no i like his voice, just he doesn't put it to good use, he can (i know i am a bit crazy for saying this) remind me a bit of curtis mayfield when he does hooks like he did for jadakiss on 'hot sauce to go' or T.I on 'what's yo name' and 'freak though' has the pimp feeling to it.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
I saw TI and thought I should say I got ATL today. I'm guessing you've seen it?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
yeah i've seen it has it come out on DVD here yet???

It's a good movie (and im not saying that with bias :) ). not as good as boyz n tha hood or menace II society though, not even similar anyway, ATL sheds a positive light on them instead of shoot em up bang bang.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Sweet. I'll have to fit it in with my schedule tomorrow. And by schedule I mean kinky maturbation sessions.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
obe trice - seconds rounds on me leaked

its a very solid album on first listen, REALLY good production, i loved 'cheers' dr dre kills the beat on 'outta town,' all the beats sound great actually and obie switches his flow alot from slow to fast, still no song as good as 'dont come down' (which is probably my favourite song from shady records).

robbie1

HSC
apologies if already posted, but how good is laugh now, cry later. fuck i love ice cube

hiphophooray - would you say 2nd rounds on me > cheers ?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
well ive only listened to 2nd rounds once so far so i can't really say, but on first listen, if 2nd rounds had 'dont come down' on there then yeh it would be > cheers. But the last track on 2nd rounds 'obies story' really makes up for it, it's brilliant he goes from like a 2pac - dear mama type feel to a rage 2pac - pain type feel because his talking about his life from his mum to when he got into all the naughty stuff like drugs and shit.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
1 2 3 Mos Def and Talib Kweli.....He fucking rocked last night. He did some new songs and also Astronomy, My Umi Says and a couple more I don't know the names of.

Shadow was also good. He started with Building Steam With A Grain Of Sand and 6 Days (Mos Def wasn't live for this song though :() and ended with Organ Donor which went OFF! In between he had Latif (?) the Truth Speaker and Craig James...He was shit...I blacked out and had to stumble to the toilet from middle-2nd row :(.

emjayel

HSC
N/A
redruM said:
1 2 3 Mos Def and Talib Kweli.....He fucking rocked last night. He did some new songs and also Astronomy, My Umi Says and a couple more I don't know the names of.

Shadow was also good. He started with Building Steam With A Grain Of Sand and 6 Days (Mos Def wasn't live for this song though :() and ended with Organ Donor which went OFF! In between he had Latif (?) the Truth Speaker and Craig James...He was shit...I blacked out and had to stumble to the toilet from middle-2nd row :(.
Mos Def was fucking spectacular, and was the main reason for me going. I got goosebumps when he started singing Definition, it's a shame Talib wasn't there... Talib actually performed the same song at Good Vibrations. If only they were here at the same time instead of months apart :(. Other highlight tracks were Umi Says, Sex Love and Money, and his remake of Leaving on a Jetplane. It seemed like he was really enjoying himself too which was nice to see, particularly at the end when he was just dancing around on stage. As I was saying to the mate I went with, it's so refreshing to see an MC who also has a beautiful singing voice and not only draws on a diverse range of influences but also incorporates them in his music. Unfortunately I didn't get there until about 8:30pm and missed most of his performance (didn't think they'd put him on so soon, thought there'd be a local/filler act)

Shadow was awesome, and those visuals were easily the best I've ever seen at a concert. I decided to go and stand on the drinks line when Chris James started (see how still/bored the crowd was?!). Unfortunately Lateef came out while I was still out there and I missed a classic Latyrix track (Lady Don't Tek No) and one of my favourite Shadow tracks (Mashin' on the Motorway). He ended his main performance with Organ Donor but then came out and did an encore with a track I don't know the name of.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Yeah, he didn't do astrononmy...he did definition.

That Chris James was such a mistake...While I was recovering on the seats, a couple of randoms walked up and asked me why I was sitting down at a concert like this (while Lateef was on). Then they went around and asked who knows how many more.

I thought he performed better than Kweli because he gave it his all. He was enjoying it, as you said....Good night.

Jay-z's show better work out for later this year.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
shutup shutup shutup shutup *blocks ears* lalalalalalalalallalala your making me jealous lol. The main thing i wanted to see was mos perform 'definition' oh well glad uz had a good time grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

emjayel

HSC
N/A
hiphophooray123 said:
shutup shutup shutup shutup *blocks ears* lalalalalalalalallalala your making me jealous lol. The main thing i wanted to see was mos perform 'definition' oh well glad uz had a good time grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
^_^

One of them said something along the lines of "see you again real soon" at the end of their set, can't remember if that was Shadow or Mos. I want all of the old Lyricist Lounge crew to come out, that's be the show of a lifetime.

ps: http://livemusic.moshtix.com.au/record.asp?lEventID=9262

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
wooooooo they are selling mobb deep tickets for sydney on ticketek now, good coz buying tickets from the metro box office is gay. Gonna use my sisters credit card and get some tickets today yay.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
wooooooo they are selling mobb deep tickets for sydney on ticketek now, good coz buying tickets from the metro box office is gay. Gonna use my sisters credit card and get some tickets today yay.
seriously fuck mobb deep...omg they suck so badly now...P fell off so bad...they will never go back to their infamous and hell on earth days

7th Sign

HSC
music i got playing atm some old some new get em...

cory gunz - mr fresh
Bullys Wit Fullys - So Hood
ciara ft chamillionaire - get up
lil keke ft paul wall and bun b - chunk up the deuce
E-40 - U and Dat
Project Pat - good googli mooglie
young dro - shoulder lean
Lil Jon ft E - 40 and Sean Paul - Snap Yo Fingers
Joe Budden Feat. Coke - Stunt'n
Ludacris - War With God
Stat Quo - Billion Bucks
Daz Ft. Rick Ross - On Some Real Shit
Busta Rhymes F/ Kelis - I Love My Bitch
Ice Cube - Go To Church
Lloyd Banks & 50 Cent - Hands Up
Trae Ft. Yung Joc - In The Hood

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)