The Bible (1 Viewer)

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Haha. The wonders of the bible. No one actually knows what it means.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Legham said:
Fucking hell.. if you're retarded enough to believe that bullshit, you should be put down.. or better yet, crucified.
You are a screwed up individual. Please stay out of this and the metal thread forever. Before someone says LOLZ U BELIEV IN GOD, UR OPINION DONT COUNT, I actually respect the posts made by Not-That-Bright, Tulipa and Josie because they're not extremely condescending

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
You are a screwed up individual. Please stay out of this and the metal thread forever. Before someone says LOLZ U BELIEV IN GOD, UR OPINION DONT COUNT, I actually respect the posts made by Not-That-Bright, Tulipa and Josie because they're not extremely condescending
I think the buzz-term is 'immature atheism' :)

robbie1

HSC
ari89 said:
I'm going on a bos vacation to get to uni work...I'll read this when i get back.
nice discussing with you.
'till then, cya
Take your time. I've got plenty of uni work to do too.

All the best with your assesments. Ciao.

robbie1

HSC
Josie - you claim that "Catholics worship Mary"

That is a terribly misleading statement. We honour her because she is the woman who brought our Saviour into the world. We also ask for her intercession and help because Christ gave her to be our Mother while dying on the Cross.

We no not "worship" her.

I hope that is clear to you now :)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
robbie1 said:
Josie - you claim that "Catholics worship Mary"

That is a terribly misleading statement. We honour her because she is the woman who brought our Saviour into the world. We also ask for her intercession and help because Christ gave her to be our Mother while dying on the Cross.

We no not "worship" her.

I hope that is clear to you now :)
Is it true or not that catholics pray to mary? Comming from a catholic background I can definately remember being asked to do so, but I appreciate you may have a different understanding.

We also ask for her intercession and help because Christ gave her to be our Mother while dying on the Cross.
So you don't worship her, but you do believe she has some 'power' ?

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
No, I remember distinctly being told to pray to her. From an early age. That's weird. "Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners." Correctomundo?

What's also weird is prayer because if God has a great big plan it's like prayer is whining to him asking him to please change it. I don't get that.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Well, my Catholic friends told me that they were meant to worship Mary.
We honour her because she is the woman who brought our Saviour into the world.
Considering that "mere" action, and I would argue that God brought Jesus into the world and merely need a human vessel (more like what the Protestants believe), the Catholics do "worship" her..

wor·ship (wûr'sh*p) pronunciation
n.

1. The reverent love and devotion accorded a deity, an idol, or a sacred object.
2. The ceremonies, prayers, or other religious forms by which this love is expressed.
2. Ardent devotion; adoration.

Would you not agree that the offering of prayers, altar sacrifices, idols of the woman, fulfil the definition of worship? If you've got a different definition, I'd love to hear it. That's the definition I've always agreed with.
And women often pray directly to "The Virgin Mary", especially in matters such as childbirth.

And Robbie, if you get time, answer my other questions as well :)

HSC
was Jesus married?
did Jesus really die as a virgin?
why did the gossips(sp?)mentioned that Jesus had a relationship with Mary? And why the church forbid stuff that to be mentioned at all.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Um you pray so that God will change his big plan for the world just for your teensy little problem?

Then people talk about the power of prayer and how if you do it lots, it'll happen.

ie increasing your whininess. GOoooood I don't LIKE your big plan, CHANGE IT. x 100000

brendan11

HSC
OMG this is so cool
A bible thread...mad:rofl:

anywaiiz i say if you want to kno the truth...go and find it :)
meaning to go to church and ask around....the internet can be missleading and every1 has their own oppinion so make up your own minds:)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
lol at robbie11 starting a thread, suddenly someone called brendan11 responds.

brendan11

HSC
oh yeeeeehhhhhh

lol

im always random:)

hey bazookajoe...its almost Bazookijoe from this old N64 game i used to play.......or is it really Bazookajoe??
hmmmm.....

Last edited:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
brendan11 said:
OMG this is so cool
A bible thread...mad:rofl:

anywaiiz i say if you want to kno the truth...go and find it :)
meaning to go to church and ask around....the internet can be missleading and every1 has their own oppinion so make up your own minds:)
A Church would definitely be the wrong place to start if you were looking for answers. You should look for yourself, not for what someone else believes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)