The Big Bang Theory (2 Viewers)

HSC
Yeah, I love it! Am watching Season 2 atm.

Although I'm not physicsy/mathsy, I do love biology, so I love the bio references. I lol'd in the episode where Sheldon makes his friends do a quiz about him and asks them to put his favourite amino acid. Haha.

Then I found myself feeling really nerdy when I was singing along to the the theme song, and they got to the line 'The autotrophs began to drool'. And I thought, 'Hang on, that's totally wrong. Autotrophs can't drool, they're plants!' Which I then realised was something that Sheldon would most likely point out. :p

The guy that plays Sheldon (Jim Parsons) was on Dave Letterman the other night, my god he acts like Sheldon in RL it was scary!
Haha, I know! When you watch the interview, it feels like Sheldon's somehow entered the real world...a scary thought. Lol.

ZaraKu

HSC
tbh, I'd like to meet someone who was exactly like Sheldon in every way, would be quite the experience

HSC
anyone watching season 3? It's gotten much more amusing.

BAZZINGA!
Yeah it actually got better around season 3. I barely sat through season 1 but it progressively got better.

watsthebuzz

HSC
Yes, I watch it! And its not sad you get half the jokes! I usually get all the jokes and it makes it all the more funnier!

Anyone watch? Just downloaded first season and it's pretty awesome.

Kinda sad I get half the jokes/terminology though haha.

watsthebuzz

HSC
Actually, Seasons 2 and 3 got progressively worse. Mostly because they've dumbed all the jokes down a lot, so non-science nerds can understand.

Yeah it actually got better around season 3. I barely sat through season 1 but it progressively got better.

ZaraKu

HSC
I prefer the new season, I liked how Sheldon and Penny formed a strange but cute friendship. And Wolowitz is just more of a mama's boy lolz

04er

HSC
Love this show, I get all the jokes. But IMO season 3 isn't as great as the first two seasons. BTW how freaky is Sheldon's mother!?

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
I have a friend who is JUST like Sheldon...

In fact the first time he saw the show he walked in and said "Ooooo a Non-neutonian fluid"... about 5 seconds before Sheldon says "It's a non-neutonian fluid"...

His family all laughed at him :D

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
it is a low quality show

It's always the same:

* Sheldon is confronted with a circumstance that requires logic instead of reading a science book.
* Sheldon fails embarrassingly and talks a lot of geek talk.

Humour is about confounding expectations, not maintaining them.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I have a friend who is JUST like Sheldon...

In fact the first time he saw the show he walked in and said "Ooooo a Non-neutonian fluid"... about 5 seconds before Sheldon says "It's a non-neutonian fluid"...

His family all laughed at him :D
Newtonian, idiot. You know, Issac Newton?
I don't get what's so geeky about knowing what one is either, it has featured on "kids-science" on Letterman.

homosapien

HSC
show sucks some serious eggs. its from the makers of fucking two and a half men which is sexist and stale. big bang just premiered on the comedy channel i was shocked and appauled. every joke is the same for example : some dude, ' hi sheldon'. sheldon, 'homo unfunny science reference' the end,, and then this nerd is like 'wuttup science bitches' which is just ..no I FUCKING HATE THIS SHIT FUCK SHIT CUNT FUCKED UP CUNT OF A SHOW.. IM JUST GOING TO WATCH ITS ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILEDELPHIA. NOW THATS SOME FUNNY ASS SHIT. AMI RIGHT?

JoE_Go_RooS

HSC
I can't believe the hate for Big Bang Theory.

Legendary show :D TV ratings = huge success.

The jokes are hilarious.

You gotta get into the show, to get inside jokes. Sheldon is a gun.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
it's taken forever to try to get into Big Bang Theory.. im slowly getting there i think. But i still don't find the jokes really funny. I get them, but they're just not outbreak hilarious.

Most it can get out of me.. *heh..*

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Newtonian, idiot. You know, Issac Newton?
I don't get what's so geeky about knowing what one is either, it has featured on "kids-science" on Letterman.
Yeah the science isn't exactly high-tier, but the general population wouldn't get it at all.

But yeah the jokes I don't get a full 'haha' out of, just the odd few situations that are hilarious.

i.e se03ep18 had a joke 'why did the chicken cross the mobius strip?' - 'to get to the same side' - it's one of those, so fuckin bad jokes it's hilarious.

Flying_Penis

Banned
HSC
Crap show. 1 i dont understand what da fak they say.
2. ugly people
3. Unrealistic as if that blonde bitch is gunno touch that ugly freeks penis
4. sheldon is gay
5. horowtz is jew
When its on, i just watch the opening song, turn off the tv and go to my room.

Hmurra

HSC
i think it's really good show but some jokes i don't jet but i guess i do most (90%) of the time... i love sheldon.. he's sooo weird" and i would hate to live in a apartment with him *shivers*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)