The Book Thief & Into the Wild (1 Viewer)

georgia-ellen

HSC
Considering doing Markus Zusak's the Book Thief for my related text... I have this portfolio I have to do for beloning, due next Monday

I have to relate two texts to belonging with the forms/features/structures all that crap... I'm thinking Into the Wild and Book Thief as stated.
Can anyone help me with the concepts of Belonging in either. They don't have to relate to each other (yet...in the long run they both have to relate to Emily Dickinson poetry)

But so far for the Book Thief I have... the character of Max being ostracized, Hans being ostracized for his association with Max, Leisel developing a sense of belonging through her relationships
Can anyone help me get a little deeper? And would this be relevant to E.D - or any better texts?

Then Into the wild... main focus on the relationship and tensions between belonging and isolation, and ones need to isolate themselves in order to belong and gain an understand (extremely relative to E.D.)

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
I made references to 'The Moose' scene because I thought it was a key scene in the film. Obviously you describe what happens in the scene - kills the moose, prepares the meat, meat becomes infested with maggots, Chris has a mental/emotional breakdown - then you need to explain what the Moose symbolises. There's a close up after the scene of Chris writing in his diary describing the moose as "one of the greatest tragedies of my life". Cut back to him having a breakdown and screaming in frustration and you hear him narrating over this in a calm tone of voice - "there was clearly felt a presence of a force not bound to me kind to man" - which juxtaposes with the visuals at that point in the film. Basically I came to the conclusion that the Moose symbolised how Chris was never meant to embrace nature in this way. It was nature rejecting Chris and how he never really belonged with it despite his own beliefs. This idea of nature rejecting Chris is further emphasized by the fact that he died by eating the potato root (or whatever it was). One of my main points was the connection Chris believed he had with nature. He wanted to be alone and isolated and to belong with nature rather than people, however nature kept rejecting him which then leads to this idea that belonging is mutual. Both parties need to want to belong in order for both to feel as if they belong.

I will add more later.
Sorry if this isn't explained very well. I'll edit it later to make it easier to understand.

jokwek

HSC
Hi Cinnamonster!
I was wondering if you could send/post any more notes on "Into the Wild" the film?
I have some but i don't think they are sufficient.

Thanks so much!
jnk_22@hotmail.com

rommieb

HSC
Are you using the Into the Wild film or book?
You cannot use the book because it's already on the Standard syllabus but I can help if you're analysing the film. It was one of my related texts so I've got a whole load of notes on it.

hi, sorry to be yet another person to ask, but i would also reallllly appreciate the help, if you could send me your notes on Into the Wild asap :) i have an essay on related texts due in 2 weeks!! my email is little_devil7@hotmail.com

thankyou!!!

mike__major

HSC
I made references to 'The Moose' scene because I thought it was a key scene in the film. Obviously you describe what happens in the scene - kills the moose, prepares the meat, meat becomes infested with maggots, Chris has a mental/emotional breakdown - then you need to explain what the Moose symbolises. There's a close up after the scene of Chris writing in his diary describing the moose as "one of the greatest tragedies of my life". Cut back to him having a breakdown and screaming in frustration and you hear him narrating over this in a calm tone of voice - "there was clearly felt a presence of a force not bound to me kind to man" - which juxtaposes with the visuals at that point in the film. Basically I came to the conclusion that the Moose symbolised how Chris was never meant to embrace nature in this way. It was nature rejecting Chris and how he never really belonged with it despite his own beliefs. This idea of nature rejecting Chris is further emphasized by the fact that he died by eating the potato root (or whatever it was). One of my main points was the connection Chris believed he had with nature. He wanted to be alone and isolated and to belong with nature rather than people, however nature kept rejecting him which then leads to this idea that belonging is mutual. Both parties need to want to belong in order for both to feel as if they belong.

I will add more later.
Sorry if this isn't explained very well. I'll edit it later to make it easier to understand.
Hi, would it be possible for you to send me your notes on Into the Wild. It sounds like you really know your stuff..

THANKYOU!!!

Lukybear

HSC
Can you just post your notes Cinnamonmonster? Attach it or something since they are so good.

ngrasso

HSC
N/A
Hi, looking at your post, have an assesment in less than a week. is it possible to send me your notes on into the wild film? thank you so much, you a life saver! my email is x.o.tash.x.o@hotmail.com thanks again!!!

happitofu

HSC
N/A
Are you using the Into the Wild film or book?
You cannot use the book because it's already on the Standard syllabus but I can help if you're analysing the film. It was one of my related texts so I've got a whole load of notes on it.
Hi I know it has been years since this was posted but i was wondering if anyone has notes on into the wild. it would be greatly appreciated =) You can inbox me thanks!

Forenti

HSC
I would also really love some notes!! Thanks heaps to anyone who can help me :)

Lucas_

HSC
I did Into the Wild (film) for belonging as well. Any notes would be much appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)