The Boredom of doing of BS? (1 Viewer)

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I had to pick both economics and Business Studies next year, can anyone tell me their experience inregards to both economics and business studies? I am currently doing commerce, and some parts of it are dead boring. I am doing really well in commerce but i just find it extremly boring (parts of the syllbus). Is business studies and economics very much the same??

thanks

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
z600 said:
I had to pick both economics and Business Studies next year, can anyone tell me their experience inregards to both economics and business studies? I am currently doing commerce, and some parts of it are dead boring. I am doing really well in commerce but i just find it extremly boring (parts of the syllbus). Is business studies and economics very much the same??

thanks
Get a textbook and find out yourself.

HSC
z600 said:
which aspect of it??
all of it..

you have to know case studies, you need formulas, and the questions are weird [in particular the multiple choice ones]

there are:
20 marks, multiple choice
40 marks, short answers
20 marks, essay
20 marks, business report

but if you want to study business latter on you will probably find it interesting

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I did have a look at both textbooks, they both seem interesting enough. But thats what i though when i looked at the commerce textbook. Or maybe it's the teacher?? I mean we do sheets all day.

anitasanchez

HSC
i agree. business is fun
business is a nice break. lots of content, but i find it all relatively easy. youll find (or i did anyhow) that business is intricate and all you need to do is state some key words and you are set. economic is general but you have to be specific. sort of a parody.
i do both and love both. hope you will too

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
anitasanchez said:
i agree. business is fun
business is a nice break. lots of content, but i find it all relatively easy. youll find (or i did anyhow) that business is intricate and all you need to do is state some key words and you are set. economic is general but you have to be specific. sort of a parody.
i do both and love both. hope you will too
Nice to hear someone likes it :). I Hope i like it

soul_VL

HSC
Business Studies is good at the start, Marketing and Globalisation are my best topics..
the most boring to me is Employment realations.. man thats a tedious topic

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
soul_VL said:
Business Studies is good at the start, Marketing and Globalisation are my best topics..
the most boring to me is Employment realations.. man thats a tedious topic
yepppers
covers too much legal crap!!

i find business fun but borin to study~!
n i get good marks so i aint complainin! lol

emily2005

HSC
N/A
Business is so freken boring but easy marks all you have to do is memorise the textbook!

Monstar

HSC
its kinda fun.. only down side is the massive amount of content to which you need to all committ to memoirs.

Eco is heaps better man, cause there is actually logic and structure so you dont so much memorise stuff you actually learn it.

Beetle

HSC
I LOVE BUSINESS STUDIES~!

Maybe cause my teacher is soo coOOl and makes learning fun? My Teacher roX, she getting her pHD in Economics next year, so i miGHT see her in UNI ahha xD

babiisapphire

Tennis Fan
HSC
business is ok.. easiest subject just write notes and memorise but the case studies are gay.. economics is heaps more interesting and you have to analyse and link lots of stuff together which is cool haha.. yeah i rekon biz and eco beats the sciences anyday.. its way easier (for me newaiis)

fishy89sg

HSC
emily2005 said:
Business is so freken boring but easy marks all you have to do is memorise the textbook!
ahhh how many marks i lost memorising that crap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)