The Cricket Thread (1 Viewer)

halapenyo

HSC
Re: The Official Cricket Thread

never watched cricket live before, not sure what to expect or what the view will be like
well whenever i go i usually am looking at the big screens the majority of the time. but the atmosphere is why you go to the live game.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

well whenever i go i usually am looking at the big screens the majority of the time. but the atmosphere is why you go to the live game.
what food is there to eat

Lentern

HSC

Where do you sit? if your side on then yeah watch the screens but if your behind the bowlers arm (and you've got fairly keen eyesight) its a waste to just look at the screen.

halapenyo

HSC

Where do you sit? if your side on then yeah watch the screens but if your behind the bowlers arm (and you've got fairly keen eyesight) its a waste to just look at the screen.
yeah last time i went i was in the ladies stand so i was watching from behind the point fielder, hence looking at the screen became necessary.

halapenyo

HSC

what food is there to eat
well i had fish and chips last time i went and everything on the menu was designed around fast food.

the food and drinks are pretty expensive though.

Lentern

HSC

yeah last time i went i was in the ladies stand so i was watching from behind the point fielder, hence looking at the screen became necessary.
Ahh yeah, pretty much wouldn't have been able to see the ball when the seamers were on.

90atar

HSC

If Tendulkar is on about 50+ overnight, I'm rocking up the next day.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

I might go see the SCG match, thinking about it.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

I might be rocking up to the test, maybe 2nd or 3rd day?

also, thoughts on a 4 pronged pace attack? (cause Clarke was suggesting it's an option)

halapenyo

HSC

also, thoughts on a 4 pronged pace attack? (cause Clarke was suggesting it's an option)
i like the idea of a 4 pronged attack. especially considering ryan harris is such a good bowler when injury free.

halapenyo

HSC

michael clarke needs to score some runs in this next match.

90atar

HSC

Siddle
Harris
Hilfenhaus
Pattinson

hmmm, I think this could only work if Dave Warner dropped the "r" of the back of his last name and got amazingly good at leg breaks overnight, or Clarke was willing to give himself a bowl.

Lentern

HSC

i like the idea of a 4 pronged attack. especially considering ryan harris is such a good bowler when injury free.
It's been tried many times since the 80's, if you don't have a competent spinner it doesn't work terrifically. Ideally of course you have someone like Watson or Kallis in the side. If the batsman get settled and move past about 350 and you have four seamers they get really tired by the end, plus you've got over rates to worry about.

twistedrebel

HSC

i ll come with bro. Fuck all my mates are poor.

halapenyo

HSC

australia's bowling is really looking strong atm, and all the bowlers are relatively young so we are set for a while. however the batting is looking slightly unsettled atm.

Lentern

HSC

Time for VVS to go 's wot I reckon.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

Lentern

HSC

Gambhir has to go first.
Gambhir has a future, Laxman does not. Plus Rohit Sharma and Suresh Raina are promising young middle order batsman , not openers. Finally Gambhir might feasibly regain some form if he actually gets some time in the middle, Laxman has spent some time in the middle and he is slow on everything, his movements are wooden and his footwork is all over the place. He is the biggest let down in the most disappointing batting side in living memory. Gambhir without doubt would be the next to go, probably for Rahane but Laxman would be my first priority dropping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)