The Cricket Thread (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
Re: The Official Cricket Thread

lol anytime australia is winning is not boring at all. and david warner's batting yesterday was amazing to watch.
Yeah well then you are a fan of the team not the sport. Congratulations and all to Warner but Glenn Mcgrath could hit fifty off that bowling. I don't watch 20-20,it's boring, I don't expect Test cricket to become it.

halapenyo

HSC

Yeah well then you are a fan of the team not the sport. Congratulations and all to Warner but Glenn Mcgrath could hit fifty off that bowling. I don't watch 20-20,it's boring, I don't expect Test cricket to become it.
this is actually the perfect series for australia though. after the humiliation of the ashes last year, we are getting the winning feeling back and we are able to get our batting and bowling in order. so although you might say this is boring to watch, its helping the australian team get set for the future, so that next summer when a better team tours down under it will be a great series and in the 2013 ashes we will be able to give england a run for their money.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC

Lentern is right. It's just not as fun if we walk all over them :(
They have to at least put up a bit of a fight...

Lentern

HSC

this is actually the perfect series for australia though. after the humiliation of the ashes last year, we are getting the winning feeling back and we are able to get our batting and bowling in order. so although you might say this is boring to watch, its helping the australian team get set for the future, so that next summer when a better team tours down under it will be a great series and in the 2013 ashes we will be able to give england a run for their money.
It does nothing for the future, you learn nothing from putting away rubbish. The best possible series would have been a hard fought series full of tight, persistant bowling from Zaheer and Ishant and strong disciplined batting from Sachin and Dravid where Australia rose to the occasion and prevailed narrowly. This is like after Hayden, Gilchrist retired and Pakistan and West Indes came down here, did bugger all and everything thought "oh yay we've adjusted perfectly to the retirements" then immediately afterwards we got beaten in India, lost the Ashes and then lost to South Africa at home. Well might you say that if this is India's post Kumble test side then we really only have to worry about South Africa and England but frankly I'd rather watch quality cricket instead of a casual slip into mediocrity.

halapenyo

HSC

looks like this test series is well and truly in australia's hands.

hopefully the one day series will be more interesting though. india will have a different, younger line up for the ODIs and Sri Lanka should be a good challenge.

i wonder who the bowlers will be for the ODIs.

i think hilfenhaus, harris, cummins (if fit) would be the fast men. dont think siddle would be in the odi squad. dont know who they will use as spinner.

Last edited:

twistedrebel

HSC

probably steve smith for ODI's or if cameron white wants to bowl

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

Cause I remember he was very decent in ODIs kept the run rate down and took occasional wickets

Also have to admit this test series has been poor, India have been atrocious although guess it's nice to see Australia doing well

michaeljennings

HSC

Cause I remember he was very decent in ODIs kept the run rate down and took occasional wickets
+1, he doesnt have a good strike rate but his economy is excellent and he races through his overs which puts extra pressure on the batsmen

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC

Test match finished in 3 days. Is that some sort of record?

michaeljennings

HSC

Test match finished in 3 days. Is that some sort of record?
I dont think India has been beaten inside 3 days in a while. To make things worse it was pretty much only 7 sessions of play

Almost identical bowling card for the Australians as well

Hilfenhaus: 4/43 and 4/54
Siddle: 3/42 and 3/43
Starc: 2/39 and 2/31
Harris: 1/33 and 1/34

India being bowled out for 161 and 171

Last edited:

halapenyo

HSC

lol dhoni just received a one match suspension for india's consistent slow over rates. he wont be playing in adelaide. sehwag will be captain next match apparently.

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad

lol dhoni just received a one match suspension for india's consistent slow over rates. he wont be playing in adelaide. sehwag will be captain next match apparently.
lol just read about that. Wriddhiman Saha is going to be wicket-keeper.

halapenyo

HSC

What's wrong with Karthik and Patel?
or even ambati rayudu. he was wicket keeper for the mumbai indians ipl team and he's also a very good batsmen.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Poor guy Dhoni, he's a talented guy, just a bit unlucky at the moment it seems.

michaeljennings

HSC

Poor guy Dhoni, he's a talented guy, just a bit unlucky at the moment it seems.
hahah yea also

*Poor India, theyre a talented team, just a bit useless/out of form at the moment it seems =)

If they carry this form into the ODI series its going to be a very boring series with India and Sri Lanka..

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

haha yeah I guess, they need to stop being lazy and actually concentrate and work hard, and get rid of some of the older people, hate some of them.

Let's hope they still have their ODI charm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)