The Cricket Thread (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: The Official Cricket Thread

Apparently the BCCI (Indian Cricket Board) have a ban on images to the media because of some... debacle.

I like news.com.au's solution:

"PHOTO DISPUTE

We are unable to publish photographs from the Test series in India due to a dispute between the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and international news organisations.The BCCI has refused access to Test venues to established picture agencies including our supplier Getty Images. News Limited considers the BCCI action to be a strike against freedom of the press. News Limited, along with international photo and news agencies, is not providing live imagery from the tour in protest."

RishBonjour

HSC

Apparently the BCCI (Indian Cricket Board) have a ban on images to the media because of some... debacle.

I like news.com.au's solution:

"PHOTO DISPUTE

We are unable to publish photographs from the Test series in India due to a dispute between the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and international news organisations.The BCCI has refused access to Test venues to established picture agencies including our supplier Getty Images. News Limited considers the BCCI action to be a strike against freedom of the press. News Limited, along with international photo and news agencies, is not providing live imagery from the tour in protest."
hahah probs something to do with sponsers/money those cheeky board members.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Haha, that is too good.

I also take back what i said regarding quality, the cricket just swapped from being a "viewers choice" option to being on the main channel and it is good and HD lol. The viewers choice stuff seems to be heavily compressed.

RishBonjour

HSC

Anyone going to watch WI vs Zimbabwe?
if WI doesn't win this series. No hope.

Gujju

HSC

whos been watching india smashing australia show lately?

kenkap

HSC

whos been watching india smashing australia show lately?
lol i have...disappointing to watch australia playing so poor...unlike england, aus doesnt have a really good spinner which is necessary on subcontinent pitches...i dont see australia's chances of retaining the border-gavaskar trophy.!:(

RishBonjour

HSC

fuarrk, bangladesh gunning against sri lanka atm.

michaeljennings

HSC

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad

hahaha m8 imma go find something i said a while ago in this thread

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad

I don't really know man, I'm following Henriques he's doing really well in the 4 day format but he's going shit in BBL
i didn't call anything but he did make australia haha.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad

Oh and honestly Australian cricket isn't going that bad. Before the Warne, Mcgrath, Waugh, Ponting, Gilchrist era, Australia used to get smashed in India all the time. Even a lot of Allan Borders sides would lose series badly in India. Of course we aren't as good as we were back then but we're honestly not going too poorly.

And Yes i know England beat India in India but theres some great players in that side and they have potentially one of the greatest batsmen of all time in Cook.

michaeljennings

HSC

Oh and honestly Australian cricket isn't going that bad. Before the Warne, Mcgrath, Waugh, Ponting, Gilchrist era, Australia used to get smashed in India all the time. Even a lot of Allan Borders sides would lose series badly in India. Of course we aren't as good as we were back then but we're honestly not going too poorly.

And Yes i know England beat India in India but theres some great players in that side and they have potentially one of the greatest batsmen of all time in Cook.
Yea thats true, australia did get smashed but that was when indian cricket was peaking, Tendulkar, dravid, sehwag, laxmann, ganguly. Look at the team they have now its pretty much made of a bunch of no bodies but they still destroyed Australia. Australia showed good fight against RSA, destroyed Sri lanka but the team they brought to India was never gonna be competitive. Injuries and that stupid ban on the players who didnt do their homework cost them dearly

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad

yeah dropping pattinson and watson for a test was a joke

kenkap

HSC

who's been following champions trophy?? i have a hunch india will win it...300+ scores in both warmup games and 1st game against sa! kiwis doing pretty well at the moment too!

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Ashes. Who'll be watching?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Me . Hopefully australia can up their game ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)